SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,400 employees and 380 physicians. We are a 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Burn Clinic, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Position Summary: Provide care to patients under the direction of the RN, utilizing the nursing process within the scope of their licensure, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of CRMC.
- Administers and reports the effects of medications, treatments and procedures performed on the patient.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Maintains and practices quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Observes, reports and documents the patient’s physiological and psychological status, informing a Registered Nurse of any incongruence’s in the above.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- As a crisis prevention intervention trained staff member, responds appropriately to a manpower request.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Student loan repayment
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Current FL LPN license required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL LPN license required within 90 days of hire.
- BLS–AHA OR American Red Cross Healthcare Provider certification required upon hire
- Successfully completed 30 Hour IV Therapy Course or equivalent as defined by the IV Therapy Guidelines issued by the Education Department of the National Federation of License Practical Nurses (Florida Administrative Code 64B9-12.005) required upon hire
- ACLS-AHA OR American Red Cross Healthcare Provider certification required upon hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Acute care experience preferred
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.