The Director of Development supports the implementation of the strategic goals and objectives for our North Carolina Division with Physician Services. This leader manages the growth and expansion of business development for physician practice partnerships and acquisitions, oversees practice acquisitions, practice analysis and valuation and strategic planning for network expansion and growth, divestitures, physician mergers, employment and recruiting contracting process. The Director of Development coordinates, negotiates and manages the entire approval processes with all key personnel for final signature approvals. Consulting in areas of practice front office and back office operations and in ambulatory surgical centers occurs on contracted basis.
This position is based in Asheville, NC.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Mission Health, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Manages employees through subordinates, usually other managers and support personnel. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources and assesses policies for direct subordinates.
- Develops department goals and objectives, establishes and implements policies and procedures for department operations.
- Assists in development and coordination of the operating budget and ensures that the department operates within the budget.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of department reports. Prepare periodic reports for top management as required.
- Develops and plans programs and strategies for corporate growth and structure.
- Coordinates and communicates the corporate regulatory/legal framework and ensures that all acquisitions and divestitures meet the standards provided.
- Identifies and evaluates trends in healthcare, local conditions, economic conditions and competitive institutions and develops strategies to respond to these trends.
- Reviews legislation affective the physician services partnership development competition and planning.
- Works with executive, medical and hospital staff to explain and get commitment to strategic goals.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Participates in Group/Divisional, hospital/medical staff meetings as required. Attends and serves on professional/civic service organizations as a representative of the company.
- Initiates specific plans and programs for new business development in each division’s marketing area; negotiates contract terms and business relationships for appropriate approval.
- Functions as an intermediary/representative in negotiating issues for Physician Services and/or the Hospital/Division.
- Monitors compliance to the guidelines and affiliation agreements as they relate to physician practice/hospital partnerships.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to identify and implement practice acquisitions in new or expanding markets.
- Ability to identify and implement practice divestitures.
- Thorough knowledge of healthcare industry, track record of good fiscal management, business development experience and strong external presence, high energy, decisive leadership and ability to lead by example.
- Excellent communication skills, and extensive working knowledge of business/contractual law, and a win-win approach to joint ventures.
- Strategic thinker with high integrity and solid vales.
- Master’s Degree in business or healthcare or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required
- Five years of progressively responsible healthcare management experience in senior level management, with emphasis on physician relations in the areas of practice operations, hospital operations, merger and acquisition and divestiture, in addition to experience with MSOs/PHOs/IPAs, physician practice management or managed care organizations.
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Director of Development opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.