This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Director of Revenue today with HCA Houston Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Houston Healthcare, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a Director of Revenue. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Director of Revenue, you will serve as the central point of contact for revenue cycle operations in the Physician Services Group (PSG) Division for our Parallon business partners. Your role will direct and coordinate revenue cycle activities, including insurance verification/preauthorization, self-pay policies and processes-front end and back end, physician query processes, denial analysis, coding analysis, insurance company reimbursement analysis.
What you will do in this role:
- Serve as the primary liaison for communication and follow up between assigned practices and Provider Enrollment
- Serve as primary contact for the CPC and the hospital Medical Staff offices for credentialing and re-credentialing all providers.
- Ensure the timely completion of deliverables in conjunction with the enrollment process is met, including facilitating across departments throughout the life cycle of onboarding.
- Manage all Division/Market-related Provider Enrollment special projects and reporting.
- Assist in the training of other Directors of Revenue with the Group as needed.
- Plan and conduct training of a Provider Enrollment Department in any Market/Division hospital acquisitions as needed.
- Manage and approve all Provider Enrollment Claims, on Hold write-offs, and administrative adjustments regularly.
- Create outstanding application reports (applications that are older than 120 days) to Provider Enrollment for follow up.
- Collaborate with Parallon's Division Account Manager and practice leadership to improve Division A/R Days (charge Lag, claims on hold, insurance denial issues, and training).
- In conjunction with new colleague orientation, manage the front desk and IET resolution training for practice Medical Office Specialists and Medical Office Coordinators.
- Implement processes to decrease denials by focusing on top denial reasons and working with practice leadership, account management, and coding.
- Report and manage IET's and Claims on Hold, Encounters without Claims in conjunction with Practice management.
- Regularly review A/R data and develop strategies to improve revenue. Develop action plans for improvement where needed.
- Collaborate with the Division Regional Coding Manager (RCOM) to analyze coding reports and assist with employee and provider training. Work with the HCA Coding and Compliance Departments to provide training to ensure providers are documenting and coding correctly.
- Review preauthorization policies and processes and change as needed to reduce denials.
- Implement processes to decrease final denials by focusing on the top ten denial reasons.
- Coordinate with other entities, including Parallon, Division, and Market Leadership, and established vendors to exchange information and coordinate efforts.
- Manage the implementation and training of PK, DFT interfaces.
What qualifications you will have for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Equivalent combination of education and/or work experience will be considered
- Five years of medical billing or collections experience along
- Three or more years of supervisory experience is required
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Director of Revenue opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.