St. David's Georgetown Hospital is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for ICU Registered Nurse Seasonal Plan position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
At St. David's Georgetown Hospital we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David's Georgetown Hospital!
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating care. As the Registered Nurse in the ICU, you will be responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the team.
* You will perform and document patient assessments at the time of the admission
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients’ response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will provide educational materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids and IV medications
* You will review all new physician orders, ensure the orders are carried out correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services needed
* You will notify the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes in patient status
* You will provide accurate and relevant patient information reports to the Charge Nurse and to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
* You will provides care for the critically ill patients with central/invasive lines, hemodynamic pressure lines, pressure monitoring devices, temporary pacing, artificial airway/mechanical ventilation
* You will provide care for unstable cardiac patients, immediate post-op patients and potential organ or tissue donor patients
* 1 year of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in an acute care setting
* Recent critical care/clinical nursing experience – preferred
* Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) from accredited Nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Certification – preferred
* Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification – preferred
St. David’s Georgetown Hospital is a comprehensive healthcare facility located north of Austin, Texas. This medical center features more than 100 patient beds and is known for its Level IV trauma center, Certified Primary Stroke Center, and Certified Chest Pain Center. The hospital’s range of services include 24-hour emergency care, inpatient and outpatient surgery, maternity and newborn care, rehabilitation, and more.
St. David’s Georgetown Hospital is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local nonprofits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our ICU Registered Nurse Seasonal Plan opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.