**Sign on Bonus offered $10,000/Some travel required to Dallas required**
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Transfer Center Manager you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Houston Healthcare which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare!
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At HCA Houston Healthcare, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
The HCA Gulf Coast Transfer Center handles the patient movement and logistics for over 35 HCA hospitals and free-standing emergency rooms across the state of Texas. Located in the Greater Houston, TX area, our mission is to assist in the clinical placement and movement of critical patients both into and out of our facilities providing timely access to care for our patients when minutes matter the most. The transfer center is staffed 24/7 with seasoned clinical professionals who collaborate between physicians, hospitals, and other immediate health care settings to coordinate the timely movement of high acuity patients such as STEMI, stroke, trauma, neonatal care, and so forth.
- You will schedule and direct all Transfer Center staff to ensure the highest possible standards of performance and efficiency
- You will maintain the highest possible standards of customer service for all Transfer Center interactions
- You will develop training programs, conducts assessments and remediates staff performance as required.
- You will build respect and authority through consensus building, information sharing, problem solving, and achieving customer satisfaction.
- You will ensure that customer needs are met, responding appropriately to difficult interactions, and educating the staff on the importance of quality customer service.
- You effectively and continually communicate with the director, staff, and customers to facilitate the flow of information necessary to the success of the employees, department and the organization.
- You will assist in the development of relevant reports and the sharing of findings with appropriate parties.
- You will serve as a resource to Communication Specialists and R.N.s in resolving placement and transportation issues.
- You will participate in various marketing and public relations activities as requested.
- You will manage and maintain a strong working relationship between the Transfer Center and all participating Hospitals.
- You will effectively communicate with a varied customer base including EMS, physicians, hospital leadership and department directors
- You will complete initial review of service inquiries and communicates results with director; provides timely, consistent follow-up to all internal and external customers.
- You will communicate face-to-face as needed, with hospitals, and other customers ensuring resolution to issues.
- You will monitor and analyzes trends in Transfer Center processes
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required· Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas
- Minimum 3 years of RN experience
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills
- BSN or Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- 3 years of Critical Care nursing to include ED, ICU and/or House Supervisor experience
HCA Healthcare is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA Healthcare has continually, been named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.