St. David's South Austin Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for NICU Seasonal Registered Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
$75.00/hour base pay
up to $12,000.00 Bonus
12 or 24 week Commitments available
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David's South Austin Medical Center!
As a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care on infants. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will attend deliveries and performs neonatal stabilization and admission assessments of newborns
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients’ response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will conduct on-going assessments of infants and communicate any changes to Nurse Practitioner or Neonatologist
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will assist transport teams in stabilization of infants and provide necessary support and documentation to facilitate the transfer
* You will provide support and education materials to families on homecare, treatments, adoption and support groups
* You will assist in high-risk deliveries and assist Nurse Practitioner with resuscitation
* You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Experience in an acute care setting – preferred
* Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Registered Nurse, Certified in Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing (RNC-NIC) – preferred
* S.T.A.B.L.E. Neonatal Education Program Certification – preferred
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility’s full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women’s services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our NICU Seasonal Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.