St. David's South Austin Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Seasonal Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David's South Austin Medical Center!
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will utilize nursing processes to direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to patients on the Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT), general Oncology, and Surgical Oncology unit. You will provide direct patient care, act as a patient advocate within the hospital, and provide guidance to unit staff.
* You will perform and document complete patient assessments using nursing processes at the time of the patient’s admission
* You will create plans for care, including discharge planning, for all assigned patients upon admission, and review care plans daily
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will administer prescribed medications to patients
* You will review all new physician orders for assigned patients, ensure the orders are carried out correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services needed
* You will notify the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes in patient status
* You will provide accurate and pertinent patient information reports to the Charge Nurse and to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
* You will perform narcotic counts, crash cart checks, and cleaning of equipment and work areas
* You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids, label and regulate flow of IV solutions, and document information related to IV therapies
* You will prepare patients for surgical and other invasive procedures, as well as performing post-op care
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Chemotherapy Provider – preferred
* Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) certification – preferred
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility’s full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women’s services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Seasonal Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.