St. David's North Austin Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for PICU Seasonal Registered Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
At St. David's North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
$75.00/hour base pay
up to $12,000.00 Bonus
12 or 24 week Commitments available
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David's North Austin Medical Center!
As the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will perform and document patient assessments at the time of the admission
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients’ response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will ensure physician orders are noted and correctly transcribed
* You will provide educational materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will keep physicians and supervisors aware of significant information regarding the patient and family
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
* 2 years of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Experience in an acute care setting – preferred
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
If ADN, must complete BSN within 5 years from date of hire
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification – preferred
* Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN) certification – preferred
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with more than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David’s Children’s Hospital, St. David’s Women’s Center of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional services offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology and neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our PICU Seasonal Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.