Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 220-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation’s largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region’s residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area’s largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Most recently, we were named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades. Most recently, we received the Leapfrog ‘A’ Hospital Safety Grade. Why work at Portsmouth Regional Hospital?
Position Summary - Perfusionist
Primary responsibility is the direction and administrative management of the Perfusion Services Department. Additional responsibilities include performance of the clinical responsibilities of the Certified Perfusionist.
Job Specific Skills:
1. Demonstrates ability to set up and prime the Heart Lung machine and cardioplegia circuits.
2. Demonstrates ability to assess each surgical case relevant to cardiopulmonary bypass needs and make recommendations to the primary surgeon regarding cannula selection.
3. Demonstrates collaboration with the surgical team in making appropriate choices of perfusion supplies needed for the cardiac procedure
4. Surveys each patient’s chart to assess the scope of disease/illness and makes appropriate judgment concerning prime selection, additional fluid choices, drug usage during priming and CPB and techniques of conducting CPB.
5. Routinely monitors acid-base, hemodynamic and hemostasis. Keeps all parameters within acceptable limits
6. Processes all remaining blood in the CPB circuit with autologous blood recovery equipment. Appropriately labels transfusion packs and completes required paperwork
7. Sets up, supervises and operates the insertion of IABP’s
8. Provides surgical backup, IABP support and percutaneous CPB support for the Cardiac Cath Lab, CCU and ICU.
9. Sets up and operates autologous blood recovery systems for cardiac and non-cardiac
10 Demonstrates a cost-effective approach to the delivery of services.*
11. Provides ongoing educational in-services within the cardiac services departments relative to Perfusion, i.e. Cell saver, Abiomed, ECMO, Tandem Heart, Impella.
12. In collaboration with Director, manages department’s compliance with JCAHO and other regulatory and safety standards.
13. Demonstrates ability to identify opportunities to improve perfusion care/equipment within
14. Demonstrates ability to identify opportunities to improve perfusion care/equipment within
the perfusion professional community.
15. Promotes harmonious working relationships with other staff members through open
communication at all times. *
16. Demonstrates self-direction above and beyond daily assignments and actively offers
assistance to colleagues. *
17. Participates in CV CQI initiatives/meetings
Four (4) year/Bachelor’s Degree
Other: Completion of a Graduate Cardiovascular Perfusion Program accredited by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP)
Certified Clinical Perfusionist- CCP, by the American Board of Cardovascular Perfusion (ABCP)
HCA will pay for certification renewals once employed
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
CLICK HERE to learn more about HCA’s Comprehensive Benefits Package.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.