SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Clinical Director (RN) Medical Transport.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Gulf Coast Division Office - Houston, Texas
Clinical Director (RN) Medical Transport – Air Methods
Serving patients throughout Greater Houston and South Texas, HCA Gulf Coast Division offers comprehensive health solutions—including advanced medical care, education, and community outreach—at its ten hospitals and other free-standing facilities. This network model gives our patients access to a circle of care that is unrivaled in the region. From simple outpatient procedures to complex surgeries performed by specialists, HCA Gulf Coast Division offers comprehensive care close to home.
Serving such a large and diverse region requires HCA Gulf Coast Division to offer a range of programs that meets the needs of young and old, acutely ill and chronically ill. Just some of our services and outreach efforts:
What you will do in this role:
Responsible for oversight of the clinical care teams provided by HCA Houston Healthcare AirLife, ensuring that it consistently meets or exceeds standard of care. Involved in goal setting, planning, problem solving, clinical education, leading and communicating to clinical staff. Collaborates with the management team in development, implementation and enforcement of new and existing standards. Responsible for oversight of quality improvement program to ensure HCA Houston Healthcare AirLife division carries out its goals and mission. Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Directs the implementation of changes for improvement in clinical quality and/or efficiency in clinical operations.
- Responsible for problem solving and follow-up on clinical questions or concerns on operations, training, quality and compliance through collaboration with appropriate personnel.
- Oversees the Quality Improvement program, including, but not limited to, clinical chart review, statistical analysis, multidisciplinary dashboard and focused audits using an electronic quality management tool.
- Facilitates Medical Director involvement in program objectives.
- Oversees clinical remediation as indicated by chart reviews in collaboration with Medical Director.
- Provides capital budget requests to VP Medical Transport on an annual basis.
- Participates in testing and evaluation of new clinical equipment to ensure high-quality, fiscally-responsible patient care is provided.
- Responsible for clinical candidate hiring, in collaboration with program management and peer panels.
- Assists in the clinical education and training requirements for clinical staff, working with Clinical Education Coordinator to create relevant training content.
- Performs medical base audits and makes recommendations to VP Medical Transport for improvement/efficiencies opportunities.
- Collaborates with air medical vendor as required.
- Ensures compliance with HCA Houston Healthcare AirLife initial clinical orientation and annual education requirements.
- Implements and enforces HCA Houston Healthcare AirLife clinical standards in collaboration with the Medical Director.
- Provides annual performance appraisals on clinical staff and performance evaluations of the medical crew and clinical training roles.
- Ensures clinical crew reports show compliance to local, state, Commission of Air Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) and air vendor and applicable regulatory standards.
- Manages compliance of Program Information Form (PIF) applications and conducts preparatory mock survey prior to CAMTS site surveys.
- Provides nursing care within his/her scope of practice from the initial contact until patient care is relinquished to the accepting medical facility; maintains thorough patient care documentation in EMR.
- Functions as a medical flight member by attending pre-mission briefings and mission debriefings and completes necessary documentation. Assists in pre-mission liftoff checklist and assists pilot as requested, i.e., radio, navigational, and visual observation activities. Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self, medical personnel, patient, and equipment. Conducts aircraft safety briefings as needed.
- Serves as a flight resource to neonatal/pediatric personnel when transporting specialty patients by helicopter. Performs advanced skills and procedures as approved by HCA Houston Healthcare AirLife Medical Director(s).
- Serves as a role model, educator and clinical resource. Participates regularly in departmental activities, projects and committees (to include research and publishing opportunities). Maintains awareness of current issues related to pre-hospital care through participation in professional activities, i.e., national, state legislative--elected or appointed. Coordinates with Business Development Director on outreach activities.
What qualification you will need:
Education & Experience
- BSN from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Master’s Degree in nursing, business, or health related field preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years flight experience.
- Minimum one (1) year management experience.
- Pre-hospital experience preferred.
- Knowledge of local healthcare market dynamics and state regulatory requirements, preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and electronic Patient Care Record (ePCR) software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current TX RN license.
- EMS or MICN certification/licensure, preferred.
- Current certifications in Healthcare Provider BLS/CPR; ACLS; PALS or equivalent and TNCC/ITLS/PHTLS advanced provider.
- Specialty certification: (CFRN, CCRN or CEN) required within two (2) years of hire.
- Advance trauma course: one (1) of the following is acceptable: ATLS/ATCN, TNATC or CAMTS-approved advanced trauma course prior to completion of third rider orientation. (Please note advanced skills lab must accompany all of the above mentioned advanced trauma courses).
- NRP certification prior to completion of third rider orientation.
- Annual EMTALA training
- NIMS Training IS 100, 200, 700, 800 and HazMat upon hire.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.