SHIFT: No Weekends
Are you an experienced Contract Negotiator in the areas of Purchased Services for Healthcare organizations and ready to take your career to the next level? If so, you should consider joining Valify Solutions Group as a Contracts Manager II, Purchased Services.
Valify, an affiliated company of HCA Healthcare, is committed to performance improvement across the healthcare continuum. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your rewards and benefits customizable to your needs. Some unique offerings include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
At Valify, you have the opportunity to make a difference. Every associate in our organization has an impact on patients’ lives. We are looking for a dedicated Contracts Manager II, Purchased Services to be a part of our winning team.
As a Contracts Manager II, Purchased Services, you will be responsible for developing, negotiating and implementing a strategic purchased services portfolio for an integrated delivery network (IDN). This includes reviewing and optimizing the current GPO contract portfolio and other purchased services opportunities. This individual will collaborate with the HealthTrust/ Valify Solutions Group contracting team to lead strategic sourcing initiatives and contract negotiation as applicable. This position is also responsible for building strategic alliances with key stakeholders as it relates to a successful purchased services expense management program.
In the Contracts Manager II, Purchased Services role you will have the following resonsibilities:
- Provides sourcing expertise in the area of purchased services expense management to contribute to the facility or IDN’s overall strategic plan, especially as it relates to purchased services (i.e., medical and non-medical categories).
- Assess and provide leadership in the area of purchased services expense to guide and support organization’s strategy.
- Manages purchased services project plan working with key stakeholders from all IDN facilities to drive and achieve savings for all identified purchased services categories
- Assimilates required information from variety of sources to include contracts, invoices and volume data
- Working with internal team and resources to analyze data, make strategic recommendations and execute a course of action for purchased services savings opportunities
- Participates in calls and meetings with all stakeholders to review all active contracting projects, etc.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates within the hospital or IDN system:
- A system’s approach to an effective purchased services program
- Policies and procedures related to purchased services expense management
- Participates in development of the agenda, follow up on action items assigned through the IDN’s Leadership
- Standardization of Service vendors and service level agreements as appropriate
- Coordination with the HealthTrust Purchased Services contracting teams
- Tracks service contract execution, implementation, savings and supplier service levels on an on-going basis to ensure high quality service delivery and savings achieved
- Negotiates custom contracts for service categories
- Responsible for managing customer expectations and delivering purchased services cost savings according to
- Estimated timelines
- Minimizing overlap of focus with contracts already negotiated or those in process by the contracting team.
- Coordinates the purchased services process, supervises data analysis, and uses customer participation in the process to achieve goals and objectives.
- Interacts and develops relationships with internal and external stakeholders to better understand needs and challenges which may include clinicians, physicians, supply chain, and hospital leadership
- Continuously defines and improves customer solutions as it relates to the purchased services program
- Provides educational opportunities to customers to understand the purchased services program
- Builds and maintains strong, effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders within HealthTrust, Supply Chain, organization’s leadership, and Value Analysis Teams.
- Establishes and meets expense savings goals.
- Collaborates with organizations to track and analyze financial data.
- Provides saving enhancement strategies for purchased services working with customer’s representatives and the HealthTrust Purchased Services contracting team.
- Develops standardized documents, processes, and calculations for use by the purchased services team to quantify purchased services savings solutions.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks in a fast paced environment that includes:
- Strong organization skills, including the ability to plan, implement, and execute
- The ability to focus and execute exceptional time management
- Demonstrates the ability to develop a project plan for major and complex projects.
- Develops milestones for projects to determine outcomes are achieved that includes facilitating customer teams that lead to building consensus and contract implementation.
- Demonstrates healthcare purchased services knowledge
- Provides effective communication which includes verbal, listening, writing, and presentation skills to a variety of stakeholders from executives to staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a professional, multi-disciplinary, matrix reporting team as a group leader, facilitator, or participant
- Demonstrates a track record of success.
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills which includes understanding issues, able to simply and process complex issues, understanding the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and mission and value statement.
To be considered for the Contracts Manager II, Purchased Services role you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited University
- 3+ years’ experience in contract negotiations or strategic sourcing related to services (Healthcare highly preferred)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Travel is needed at times to support members (minimal up to 20%)
Valify, an HCA Healthcare company, is a healthcare cost management company exclusively dedicated to controlling purchased services expense. Valify’s web-based technology platform allows healthcare organizations to quickly identify, benchmark, and manage savings in over 1,200 categories. With proprietary benchmarking analysis, market share insights, and prebuilt category-specific RFP templates, Valify provides a proven end-to-end purchased services solution for organizations to proactively manage expense, increase staff productivity, and realize significant savings.
We are a subsidiary of HCA Healthcare, a comprehensive healthcare network where 280,000 people across more than 2,000 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010.
We are a family 280,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately for our Account Manager opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.