SHIFT: No Weekends
**POSITION IS BASED IN NASHVILLE, TN**
Are you an experienced Sourcing and Contracts negotiator with experience in Facilities and MRO? If so, come join HealthTrust as Senior Manager Contracts, Facilities today!
HealthTrust, an affiliated company of HCA Healthcare, is committed to performance improvement across the healthcare continuum. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your rewards and benefits customizable to your needs. Some unique offerings include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Assistance
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
At HealthTrust, you have the opportunity to make a difference. Every associate in our organization has an impact on patients’ lives. We are looking for an experienced Sr. Manager Contracts, Med/Surge to be a part of our winning team.
As the Senior Manager Contracts, Facilities, you will be responsible for negotiating industry leading national agreements for the group purchasing organization in the area of Facility Operations and Capital Construction. The objective is to ensure best in class industry pricing and contract terms and conditions with the key area of focus will be sourcing initiatives that are primarily categories with low to medium complexity, risk and sensitivity. Individual will own the negotiation of a portfolio in the spend range of $100m-$200m annually.
As the Sr. Manager Contracts, Facilities you will:
- Be responsible for the sourcing process for the assigned portfolio. The process includes market research, strategy development, RFI/RFP/Bid preparation, contract negotiations (pricing and terms), gaining consensus on award decisions, and launching the contracts.
- Present contract strategies and final award recommendations to internal stakeholders via the Functional Team Meeting and Dry Run meetings. Internal stakeholders include HealthTrust Senior Leaders and Functional Team members including finance, legal, clinical, portfolio specialists and others.
- Be responsible for Strategy Validation and Final Award presentations to applicable customer-led Advisory Boards. Board types include groups of physicians/clinicians, supply chain executives, or non-clinical subject matter experts. Individual must be articulate and able to present effectively. Individual must be able to align members and garner consensus. Manager will support individual in conversations with boards, as needed.
- Identify potential risks, challenges, and opportunities of the category. In addition, they must understand member needs/requirements. Individual is responsible for developing the contracting strategy that will mitigate risks, address member needs, and maximize the best outcome. Given the magnitude of the HealthTrust membership, the strategy must take into account a very diverse and complex mix of member organizations (for profit, not for profit, acute, non-acute, non-healthcare, etc.
- Formulate a clear vision of the strategy, be able to articulate the vision, and execute the steps necessary to achieve the strategy. Strategies typically contemplate a variety of complex considerations. The individual must be adept at reading situations, people/parties and adapting strategies or negotiations as necessary throughout the sourcing process. In addition to presenting to boards (as mentioned previously), this individual must be able to work closely with individual member stakeholders (clinicians, supply chain, physicians or other executives) to align the customer with the strategy.
- Plan and execute project timelines for assigned categories, with minimal oversight. Must maintain and keep accurate the contracting work plan and contracting details in the Contract Lifecycle Management system.
- Must have:
- Demonstrated level of organizational ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to translate objectives into project planning priorities, create and manage work plans and timelines for multiple projects and priorities, and finalize negotiations in the time-frame designated for the project.
- Ability to be highly efficient and highly productive, demonstrating high volume of contracts/categories handled without sacrificing on quality.
- Develop and use knowledge about suppliers and the category to develop strategies, create leverage, mitigate risks, anticipate direction of the market and potential supplier direction.
- Have an understanding of categories assigned, including in-depth aspects of portfolio:
- product features and benefits
- product comparisons between supplier offerings
- operational impact to provider
- future product pipe-line and impact on market
- understanding of cost drivers (direct and indirect)
- raw materials that impact products and interpret raw material indices
- new supplier or product entrants to market that could change category dynamics
- reimbursement dynamics
- Be responsible for the majority of contract terms and conditions. Minimal oversight and guidance is provided by the negotiators manager. Key terms include but are not limited to firm pricing, termination rights, indemnification, market competitive pricing, failure to supply remedies, liabilities, confidentiality, supplier performance obligations, information security, and intellectual property rights.
- Maintain supplier and member relationship management to include: Supplier - Oversee supplier relationship during the sourcing process and participate in supplier business reviews and review new products/technologies as they arise. Member/Customer - Build stable working relationships with customers with interaction primarily being through contract communications and presentation to boards.
- Communications are primarily focused on effective and efficient communications with internal stakeholders, suppliers, and member advisory boards.
- Major communications include:
- Facilitate conversations with internal functional team during project kick-off to gather feedback, opinions, and alignment of resource needs to meet contracting initiative timelines.
- Communication of bid process, negotiation status, agreement on terms, financial proposal concerns and other matters with supplier and internal team.
- Interfacing with key supply chain executives and end-users in a live environment presenting and/or gaining commitment (advisory boards and supply chain board).
- Resolve supplier and/or customer issues, as escalated by Portfolio Specialist.
- Maintain strong customer relationships and build trust and respect by consistently meeting or exceeding customer expectations. Customers are internal and external.
- Work with HealthTrust audit team to assist and facilitate engagement and finalization of audit projects.
To be considered for the Sr. Manager Contracts role, you will need the following:
- Bachelor's Degree required (Supply Chain, Healthcare, Business, and Finance preferred)
- 3+ years' relevant work experience in strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, contract management and/or supply chain operations required
- 3+ years' experience in Facilities and/or MRO contract negotiations is required
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills to present to leadership and external customers
- Position is located in Nashville, TN
HealthTrust strengthens provider performance and supports clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. With headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee, we serve over 1,600 hospitals and health systems, and more than 43,000 other member locations including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices, long-term care and alternate care sites.
We operate as a limited partnership with HCA Healthcare as the managing general partner. Our membership roster is split equally between for-profit and not for profit hospitals across the U.S. and the U.K.
As a HealthTrust associate, you will join the HCA Healthcare family 280,000+ strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately for our Sr. Manager Contracts, Facilities opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.