SHIFT: No Weekends
Nashville-based HCA Healthcare is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, comprising 184 hospitals and approximately 2,000 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers, and physician clinics, in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA Healthcare created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA Healthcare has conducted a number of clinical studies, including one that demonstrated that full-term delivery is healthier than early elective delivery of babies and another that identified a clinical protocol that can reduce bloodstream infections in ICU patients by 44 percent. HCA Healthcare is a learning health system that uses its more than 31 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives.
HCA affiliated facilities in the North Florida Division are a part of a quality healthcare network in North Florida with 15 affiliated hospitals, 5 surgery centers, and two consolidated service centers. Together, the network has over 3,100 beds, employs more than 14,000 individuals, and has over 4,200 physicians on staff.
The Division Vice President, Clinical Education is accountable for leading and execution of strategies to advance clinical education structures and processes in their assigned division and facilities that support all lines of business in executing HCA’s nursing and clinical agenda. This position will drive positive change by providing leadership through performance improvement strategies that will improve and support clinical education throughout HCA that will lead to enhancing quality and financial outcomes. This position has a broad enterprise and segment influence and will need to build alliances with various stakeholders that includes Business Partners, Corporate, and Division, Hospital, Business and the Clinical Education team to successfully execute HCA’s clinical education agenda
- Cultivates a superior clinical identity by ensuring that the team identifies and implements evidence-based practices to advance patient safety and quality outcomes. Ensures adherence to standards of care.
- Ensures that the work of the clinical education team develops educational content to meets the accreditation standards of the Joint Commission, Medicare, Medicaid and similar organizations from an educational perspective.
- Establishes expectations and accountability for delivery of clinical education services and practices that create a patient-centered organization, driven by customer feedback and data.
- Ensures efficient and effective development and delivery of quality clinical education content and programs to drive improved clinical metrics.
- Incorporates evidence based practice and management principles into strategies and tools.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of educational courses, workshops, or other developmental interventions designed to address the educational needs of individuals or groups of employees on a regular basis and provides feedback to the clinical education team
- Fosters a service excellence culture.
- Supports HCA’s Patient Experience team and strategies through clinical education that will result in attaining and sustaining an unparalleled patient experience.
- Instills accountability for providing consistent positive patient interactions that differentiates the organization as a healthcare leader.
- Leverages various feedback mechanisms to benchmark performance and identify opportunities to improve customer/patient satisfaction.
- Works with various stakeholders throughout HCA to integrate company initiatives into clinical education programs.
- Fosters a culture that inspires commitment to the vision, mission, and values of the organization. Ensures employees are recognized, valued, and supported. Develops and implements strategies to elevate employee engagement.
- Ensures employees are recognized, valued, and supported. Develops and implements strategies to elevate employee engagement.
- Develops and implements strategies to elevate employee engagement.
- Identifies development opportunities or training needs of individual employees and teams. Provides coaching, feedback and training to improve performance.
- Builds a competitively superior organization through attracting, developing, engaging and retaining talent. Ensures people with the right skills and motivations are in the right role, at the right time, to meet business needs.
- Leads strategic planning and business development within area(s) of responsibility to support new service offerings, technology advances and other opportunities to drive differentiation and support the growth agenda through the development of educational programs.
- Understands the competitive landscape and stays abreast of external factors and opportunities impacting healthcare, to include political, legislative and regulatory changes, emerging technologies, and advancements in healthcare delivery. Ensures and supports the organization in responding to these changing healthcare dynamics and market environments through clinical education.
- Represents the organization positively within the community; participates in company-supported community/patient events and in-services
- Leads and develops the annual budget process for assigned division, including expense forecasts, staffing, supply, and equipment needs.
- Monitors and understands financial trends and evaluates variances to expenses and prior year expenses that includes the ability to articulate variances and action plans to correct these variances.
- Ensures effective labor management, including position control, scheduling and productivity management that will support clinical education in assigned division and facilities.
- Manages operating expenses including the utilization of supplies and equipment. Identifies cost reduction opportunities and implements actions to achieve savings
- Systematically evaluates assigned division’s overall education plan to determine achievement of expected outcomes and resource allocation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of instructional design, adult learning theories, and evaluation methodologies that can be used to coach employees, provide feedback on clinical education content.
- Leads and champions scientific inquiry that generates new knowledge and integrates best available evidence into practice into HCA’s clinical education service line.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Education team to improve nursing practice of the organization through various clinical education strategies such as onboarding, orientation, Nurse Residency, new graduate onboarding and orientation, Preceptor Program and competency management.
- Problem solves independently and engages stakeholders appropriately.
- Role models lifelong learning and remains cognitive of nurse professional development trends and changes in practice to best meet the educational needs of our clinicians.
- Collaborates with the Division Chief Nurse Executive to implement strategic academic partnerships
Education & Experience:
- Master's degree in Nursing or Education; other Master’s degrees may be considered with appropriate educational experience Required
- Doctorate's degree in Nursing or Education; other Doctorate degrees may be considered with appropriate education experience Preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an acute care facility Required
- 2+ years of experience in education, organizational development or human resources in a hospital setting Required
- Experience with leading a clinical change initiative
- Even though a Registered Nurse is not required for the position, if the employee is using the title Registered Nurse (RN), the employee is required to obtain a license as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation preferred
- Certified Healthcare Educator certification or ANPD preferred
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Equal Opportunity Employer / EOE
Equal Opportunity Employer / EOE
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.