SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Portsmouth Regional is a 220-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation’s largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region’s residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area’s largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Most recently, we were named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades. Most recently, we received the Leapfrog ‘A’ Hospital Safety Grade.
Provides appropriate respiratory care specific to the population in accordance with hospital policy and procedure. Assesses, plans, and implements appropriate respiratory plan of care based on the cardiopulmonary needs of the patients. Evaluates effectiveness of plan of care and recommends revisions to the multidisciplinary care team. Demonstrates expanded knowledge base through participation in ECMO program projects and activities. Flexible schedule to cover the needs of the ECMO patients during ECMO runs.
- Implements/prepares patient/caregiver education per plan of care
- Communicates education needs to patient/caregiver/staff at an understandable level and in a timely manner
- Displays knowledge of and practices risk management and safety precautions (ie – suction card up-to-date, trach sizes)
- Assists MD in other procedures as requested
- Manages the ongoing process of healthcare delivery to ECMO patients and families
- Participates in the evaluation of patients as potential ECMO candidates
- Works in collaboration with Perfusion to manage ECMO cannulation, decannulation, and stabilization procedures
- Prepares and operates clinical equipment and circuitry per ECMO procedures/policies
- Accurately accesses and reviews with physician and ECMO team pathphysiological changes within the patient and ECMO circuit. Differentiates patient versus circuit problems and intervenes appropriately
- Participates in ECMO case review and assists team members in defining learning outcomes
- Participates in the collection/review of quality improvement initiatives and data for the ECMO program and ELSO data
- Works in collaboration with ECMO team to assess clinical status and related lab results. Notifies ECMO physician of clinical status/lab values, performing appropriate interventions and implementing physician orders within established guidelines/ECMO policy and procedures
- Manages ECMO flow in relation to established clinical parameters. Reviews daily parameters with ECMO team
- Demonstrates proper blood sampling techniques from the ECMO circuit
- Performs, manages, and troubleshoots activated clotting times (ACT) as per ECMO protocol including management and administration of heparin drip per ECMO protocol
- Administers all blood products/medications appropriately when ordered to be given through the ECMO circuit
- Maintains and effectively assesses ECMO circuit function. Performs all circulatory technical skills with efficiency, accuracy and safety while anticipating, troubleshooting, intervening and managing crises/emergency situations according to policy and procedure
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education Required and/or Preferred:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Starting in 2019, for full time and part time employees, we will be offering an industry leading Student Loan Assistance Program!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.