This job posting is no longer active.
Neurology Interventional Surgery
Job Summary:Tulane University School of Medicine is seeking vascular neurosurgeon or interventional neurologist to join its expanding neuroscience program. Qualified Candidates:
- Ideal candidate will be expected to build the vascular neurosurgery program in collaboration with Tulane’s neurosurgeons, stroke neurologists, neurointensivists and other members of the Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Provide support to establish a translational and/or clinical research program related to cerebrovascular disease
- Fellowship training in cerebrovascular and endovascular surgery or fellowship training in interventional procedures
- Interest in skull base and general surgery
- Involvement in outpatient clinic, inpatient hospital service, and telemedicine call
- Teach students, residents, and mentor fellows enrolled in our ACGME-accredited vascular neurology fellowship program
- Play a vital role in expanding research programs in collaboration with other faculty members
- Must possess the training to qualify for an academic appointment
- Board certified or board eligible
- Eligible for licensure in Louisiana
- Position does not qualify for visa sponsorship
About Tulane Medical Center:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) university funded retirement plan
- Outstanding educational benefits including tuition waiver and option to participate in the tuition exchange program
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness program
- Family-friendly work environment complete with two child care centers on the downtown and uptown campuses
New Orleans, LA, nicknamed the “Big Easy,” offers an unparalleled nightlife and music scene. It also delivers a world-famous food and culinary experience unlike any other. The city has been named #1 Most Improved on the “Best Business Cities” list by the Wall Street Journal. There are numerous neighborhoods to explore especially if you are seeking charm and character - Warehouse District, Garden District, Gentilly, and many others. Whether a townhouse, double gallery home, center-hall or bungalow – we have the community for you. Some of the biggest employers in the city include Tulane University, Entergy Corporation, and Whitney Holding Corp.
- Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research, and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians provide leading-edge care ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary in a vast number of specialties.
- With 235+ beds and 600+ physicians, Tulane Medical Center continues to grow to reflect the changing needs of the community. In addition to the downtown campus, Tulane Medical Center includes the Tulane Hospital for Women and Children campus in Metairie and the Lakeview Regional Medical Center campus in Covington.
- Within walking distance of the French Quarter, the New Orleans hospital provides expert medical care for children and adults. Our doctors specialize in the routine care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults, providing a wide range of family care services.
- Our mission is to provide world-class patient care, education, and research.