Job Summary:Sarah Cannon Transplant & Cellular Therapy Program at Research Medical Center is seeking a hematology & oncology physician fellowship trained in hematopoietic cell transplant & cellular therapy.
- Program features a multidisciplinary cancer program that is anchored by four accredited hospitals and complemented by numerous cancer care outreach sites located in communities throughout Kansas City
- Program medical directorship available
- Growing team of two physicians, one advanced practice provider, dedicated program heme navigator, and transplant coordinator
- Dedicated program PharmD, pharmacists, Apheresis department
- Dedicated 16-bed inpatient malignant hematology cell therapy unit and 6-bed inpatient neutropenic suite
- Planned 2022 construction of state-of-the-art 9,000 square foot combined outpatient infusion clinic and 8-bed Apheresis and Day Hospital suite
- Fellowship trained in hematopoietic cell transplant & cellular therapy is required
- Ideal candidate would have a minimum of three years of experience in autologous and allogeneic transplantation as well as cellular therapy
- Aptitude for physician leadership within the blood cancer and transplant program
- Board certified or board eligible hematologist oncologist
- Eligible for state licensure in Missouri
About Research Medical Center:
- Unmatched potential for flexibility and career growth
- Competitive salary with incentive-based package
- Sign on bonus and generous student loan repayment
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Time away from work combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence
- CME time and dues allowances
- 401k with company matching
- Employee stock purchase plan
The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people as well as home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others. KCI Airport features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. For the food enthusiast—KC features four James Beard Award winning chefs and about a dozen finalists. Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now.
- At HCA Midwest Health, we partner with Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute to bring world-class cancer care close to home. The Sarah Cannon cancer network expands across the United States to the United Kingdom, allowing expertise to be shared globally—and applied locally.
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health is a network of hospitals and physicians that bring together the latest in cancer treatment, technology, and comprehensive services close to home, providing patients throughout our region with a new level of care and support as they face cancer.
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health is a network-accredited cancer program, one of only 63 nationally to earn network accreditation.
- Experience a positive, professional work environment in a top tier facility located in one of the most livable cities in the heart of America. Research Medical Center offers high-tech care in a beautiful, comfortable setting designed to exceed the expectations of those we serve.
- With 590+ licensed beds and 700+ physicians, the hospital features robust inpatient services including level 1 trauma, level 1 STEMI, oncology, comprehensive stroke program, and many more key services.