SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
For a limited time, Chippenham Hospital is offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus to OR Scrub Technicians with at least 1 year of experience. Current HCA employees not eligible.
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
We were awarded the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval and named as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Level I Trauma Center
, which means we provide fast, skilled care in life’s most difficult moments.
Our Operating Room:
- 15 OR Suite
- Teamwork environment where you will be responsible for helping everyone in the department (i.e. Scrub Cases)
- Types of surgeries conducted: da Vinci, Trauma, Ortho, Cardiothoracic, ENT, Vascular, Pediatrics, Urology, Plastics, and General Surgery
- Rapidly growing unit looking for nurses who are highly responsive
- Supportive culture focused on fostering educational opportunities, specialty certification, and clinical ladders
- Leaders in our department have a passion for supporting everyone in reaching their professional goals
What will you do?
- Function as sterile scrub caring for patients undergoing surgery within OR suite.
- Set up sterile surgical field using aseptic technique, utilizing knowledge of Human Anatomy and Physiology and physician’s preferences for surgical instrumentation, suturing, passing, dissecting, retracting, and closing of surgical wounds.
- Assist circulating Registered Nurse with operating room set up, equipment, and positioning of the surgical patient.
- Follow AORN Preoperative Standards and Recommended Practices and the HCA ethical and compliance principles and values.
Benefits we offer:
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Employee Discount Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement/Student Loan Assistance
- Surgical Technology Program graduate, or equivalent training (required)
- Certified Surgical Technologist (preferred)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification (required)
- 1 year of experience as a Surgical Technician (preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.