SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Security Officer.
As a PRN employee you'll enjoy:
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Additionally, you will have a great opportunity for growth as you'll be joining one of the largest and most successful hospital organizations in the world.
At HCA Healthcare the safety of our patients and staff are our top priority. The Security Officer is responsible for enforcement, assistance, direction and follow up of security service utilizing tact, diplomacy and concern for customers and staff. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care and safety is as meaningful as we do.
What you will do in this role:
- You will be responsible and accountable for ensuring service excellence for all internal and external customers and staff.
- You will patrol and maintain order and safe working conditions throughout all assigned buildings and grounds
- You must have the ability to reason and make decisions independently without direct supervision under a variety of conditions.
- You will maintain a visually attractive appearance in personal hygiene and uniform.
- You will take the initiative to reach out and assist the visitor, patient, etc. with genuine interest in their needs.
- You will present a positive attitude in performing assignments and providing assistants.
- You will use a considerate and comforting tone when assisting distraught customer, visitors and patients.
- You must have the ability to diffuse and control situations involving anger, confusion and threatening conditions.
- You must have the ability to remain calm and in control during verbal and physical threats from customers and others.
- You will present a professional and helpful attitude while on the telephone.
- IAHSS – CHPA (within 6 months of hire)
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required within 90 days of hire
- NV-Crisis Intervention
- Current Driver's License
- 1-3 years security, law enforcement or corrections experience, required
- Hospital based security experience, preferred
Memorial Satilla Health is a 200 plus bed, full-service, acute care medical center that has been providing high-quality medical care to the greater Waycross community and southeast Georgia region for more than 60 years. The facility, in the HCA Healthcare South Atlantic Division, attributes its success to the team effort that is focused on caring for you and your family. Memorial Satilla Health employs a staff of over 600 employees and more than 300 physicians who work hard every day to combine safe, quality medical care and advanced technology with compassion and understanding. Key specialty services include Cardiac, Orthopedic, Surgical, Rehabilitation, Sleep and Birthing Centers. Additionally, Memorial Satilla Health treats more than 45,000 emergencies each year and has an extensive Behavioral Health program.
Waycross, GA, and its neighboring town of Blackshear, GA, collectively offer excellent public schools, an active art and theater group, several golf courses, and an excellent array of hiking, fishing, camping and boating. With many large tracts of land available, excellent housing, and low real estate costs, our locale is the perfect place for families.
HCA Healthcare has been consecutively named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.