Create healthier tomorrows and start your career as a Nurse Resident at HCA Healthcare
There are many reasons HCA Healthcare is an employer of choice. We foster an environment of personal and professional growth, while supporting our nurses as they transition from student to professional nurse. Our nurse residency program gives you the confidence and skills you need to set you up for success.
DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Advance Care Technician
Schedule: Full time - Evenings (Rotating Weekends)
Location: Medical City Las Colinas Hospital
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Advance Care Technician.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Advance Care Technician for our practice who provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
The Advance Care Technician will be able to provide quality care to patients under the direction
of the Medical Director in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Medical City
Healthcare. Reports to the charge nurse for shift assignments and direction of shift duties
In this role you will:
• Facilitates the flow of patients through the emergency care system, ensuring timely evaluation according to the
health care needs of the patients
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills in the care of the emergency department patient. Considers principles of
emergency care while assisting the RN to formulate an appropriate plan of care for the patient
• Documentation is consistent, complete, thorough and legible
• Patient care is administered based on Hospital and Departmental specific standards of care and practice
• The Paramedic involves the patient and/or significant other(s) in the patient’s care. Education/instruction are
provided specific to the patient’s health care needs and age requirements
• Administers prescribed medications to patients in accordance with Hospital policies and practice guidelines
• Physician orders are carried out accurately in providing direct patient care within scope of practice. Assures that
other departments are notified of orders and services are needed
• Notifies the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes of patient status as appropriate
• Considers age-related factors/limitations in the education of patients. Applies knowledge and principles of agerelated factors appropriately in teaching situations
• Ensures patient’s right to privacy and confidentiality
• Assumes responsibility for the care of assigned patients. Patient care activities are organized and prioritized
• Contributes to the smooth functioning of the Unit by offering help to other staff members. Assists with patient care
functions beyond those assigned within the Paramedic scope of practice
• Provides accurate and pertinent patient information reports too the Charge Nurse and to the oncoming shift to
ensure continuity of care
• Performs Unit-specific responsibilities such as crash cart checks and cleaning of equipment and
• Performs venipuncture, administers and maintains IV fluids and medications in accordance with Hospital practice
guidelines. Correctly labels, calculates and regulates the flow of IV solutions. Documents pertinent information
related to IV therapies
• Prepares patients for surgical and other invasive procedures
• Maintains competencies required by Hospital, Unit and position
• Maintains safe, effective working knowledge of equipment
• Maintains a working knowledge of the crash cart, emergency equipment and code procedures
Medical City Las Colinas, built in 1997, is a 100 bed full service, acute-care facility offering a wide range of services to the community and families we serve. At Medical City Las Colinas, you'll find that caring extends to both our patients and our people. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You’ve come to the right place.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our practice managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.