At Medical City Plano, we care like family.
Just as a family does, we pull together to care for, support, and celebrate with patients and each other. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place.
Palliative Care Registered Nurse – PRN Day Shift
The Palliative Care RN supports clinical staff and physicians in the care of chronically and seriously ill hospitalized patients. This includes making recommendations about palliative care needs, pain and symptom management and providing emotional and supportive care to patients and their families. p
• Participates in the development of the Palliative Care Program
• Contributes to the development and implementation of palliative care pathways/care maps and policies and procedures, integrating elements for enhanced quality, service and resource management
• Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team in planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating care delivery for the palliative care patient
• Responds to palliative care consultation requests
• Actively assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, and evaluates the care of hospitalized patients with advanced care needs
• Initiates plan of care to meet specific needs of palliative care patients
Medical City Plano is a full-service, Magnet-designated 600+ bed acute care hospital with more than 2,070 employees. As part of HCA Healthcare, we have the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide exceptional care. Our services include a Level 1 Trauma Center, comprehensive cancer treatment, advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive, orthopedics, heart and vascular care, and complete women's and children's services, including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 NICU.
• Texas RN license or compact license is accepted
• Current BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
• Certification in Hospice and Palliative Nursing Care (CHPN/CHPLN) preferred and will be required within 2 years of hire
• Palliative Care or Hospice Care experience preferred
• Must have at least two (2) years of oncology or critical care RN experience in an acute care hospital
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.