About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include participation of 401k. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Sonographer II Reg with Del Sol Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Del Sol Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Del Sol Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Sonographer II Reg to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for performing echocardiography ultrasound techniques and echocardiography examinations for subsequent evaluation and interpretation by a physician.
1. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, PI program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Responsible for assuring that daily and monthly QI logs are completed for the Echo department in a timely manner.
3. Responsible for care of equipment. Ensures proper reporting of equipment malfunction or downtime.
4. Performs quality echocardiography diagnostic studies according to physician orders.
5. Maintains records of examination data and other pertinent information on patients.
6. Communicates findings to the physicians interpreting the studies.
7. Participates in on call coverage as needed.
8. Maintains professional development.
9. Attends department meetings.
10. Maintains completion of correlation studies and materials pertinent to the accreditation of the lab.
11. All other duties as assigned.
1. Individual Leadership: Demonstrates confidence in own skills, knowledge and ability. Identifies and pursues opportunities for personal growth and demonstrates ability to accept and adapt to change.
2. Customer Service: Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
3. Transcultural Sensitivity: Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
4. Risk Management/Patient/Customer Safety: Demonstrates patient/customer safety according to policies and procedures.
5. Educator: Identifies, implements, and/or evaluates opportunities for patient/family education.
6. Infection Control: Demonstrates infection control practices congruent with policies and procedures.
7. Performance Improvement: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities at the department level.
8. Financial Accountability: Identifies opportunities for waste reduction and improving department efficiency.
9. Information Management: Demonstrates adherence to information management policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
10. Communication: Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration of appropriate communication skills and reporting/activation of the chain of command appropriately.
11. Practices Professionalism: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance.
12. Ethics/Compliance: Performs all duties ethically, complying with all policies and procedures, federal, state, and local laws.
13. Environment of care: Demonstrates accountability in role and responsibilities of the 7 Environment of Care plans.
14. Job Specific: Registered Echocardiography Sonographer
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Physical demands require performing all essential functions of this position as assigned. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, back support belts, gloves, masks and safety glasses, lead aprons, and radiation monitoring badges.
REQUIRED LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
1. Basic Cardiac Life Support.
2. Registered in echocardiography under ARDMS or CCI
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Formal training in echocardiography ultrasound.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Del Sol Medical Centeris a full service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a Level II trauma designation. This facility has 300+ patient beds. Our range of services include emergency care, cardiac care, women’s services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a bariatric clinic, and a Minimally Invasive Surgery Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Sonographer II Reg opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.