Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Patient Care Technician.
As an HCA and Doctors Hospital of Augusta employee, you'll enjoy:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student loan repayment allowance
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Additionally, you will have a great opportunity for growth as you'll be joining one of the largest and most successful hospital organizations in the world.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Med/Renal team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
We are searcing for a Patient Care Tech to join our patient-centered Department in a full-time, night shift position.
As a PCT, you will deliver high-quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of important patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily listing. Under supervision of the RN, you will assist the nursing staff in providing patient care with your skills and training and in accordance with the needs of our department. The Patient Care Technician will consistently assist the patient care team by maintaining a clean, well-organized and safe patient care environment.
What you will do in this role:
- You will obtain vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, calorie counts, application of ice/heat, and/or simple non-sterile dressing changes.
- You will answer patient call lights in a timely manner and respond to patient needs/requests.
- You will assist patients with performing activities of daily living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming, changing linens, providing water, ambulating, assisting with meal delivery and feeding as directed.
- You will be responsible for safe patient handling: Turning and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer and use of transfer devices, ambulation assistance and use of assistive devices, restraint alternatives, oxygen use and transport, suction use, pre-operative skin preparation and/or use of sequential compression devices (SCD).
- You will be responsible for recording information in the patient’s medical records
- You will maintain close communication with physicians, nurses and other healthcare team members regarding changes in a patient’s care and condition.
- You will be responsible for educating patients and families on the care and therapies being provided, in conjunction with physicians and nurses.
- You will monitor supply levels in your unit and patient rooms and restock as needed