DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a rewarding career in healthcare Become part of an award winning team of healthcare professionals at South Bay Hospital!
Be Exceptional. Every Person. Every Time.
South Bay Hospital and its team members live by this message, and we have strived to deliver exceptional care and service to the residents of Hillsborough and Manatee Counties since 1982. Located in the corner of Southern Hillsborough County, our hospital is a member of the HCA – West Florida Division. South Bay Hospital is a 138-bed community hospital, nationally recognized by the Joint Commission for Stroke, Total Hip and Knee, Sepsis and Heart Failure. In addition, we are proud to offer a wide variety of patient-centered services to our community including 24-hour Emergency Services, Cardiology, General Surgery, and Orthopedics. As a long-standing leader in the Southshore community, South Bay Hospital remains committed to providing advanced medical services, expert healthcare providers and a dedicated care team focused on creating an exceptional experience for every patient, every time.
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment available for select roles and facilities. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are proud of our team members and the exceptional care they provide our patients:
Top Workplace in Tampa Bay (2019) by the Tampa Bay Times
Accredited by the Joint Commission: Hospital, Laboratory, Primary Stroke Center, Joint Replacement Hip, Joint Replacement Knee, and Sepsis
American College of Radiology Accreditation In CT, Nuclear Medicine, Mammography, MRI, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
Healthgrades® Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety, Patient Safety Excellence Award™, Five Star Recipient For Hip Fracture Treatment, Pacemaker Procedures, Small Intestine Surgeries, and Gallbladder Removal Surgery
Ethisphere® lnstitute's World's Most Ethical Companies - HCA Healthcare
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
· Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
· Prepares sterile instrument table.
· Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
· Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
· Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
· Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
· Positions patient according to type of surgery.
· Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
· Maintains work area.
· Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
· Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
· Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
· Orients and mentors new staff members.
· Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
· Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or equivalent training.
· Certification as a Surgical Technologist required.
· Hospital Surgical Tech experience preferred.
· Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
· Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
· Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
At HCA West Florida’s 16 hospitals we’re not just caregivers, we’re devoted to caring. Located throughout Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota area, we’re on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nation’s largest healthcare system with more than 15,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.