SHIFT: No Weekends
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career in our HCA Center for Clinical Advancement department as a Clinical Nurse Educator ICU at Research Medical Center.
**Sign-on bonus up to $5,000 is available**
At RMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Clinical Nurse Educator ICU in our HCA Center for Clinical Advancement.
The HCA Center for Clinical Advancement is part of our strategic nursing initiative to create an organizational structure (shared services) focused specifically on clinical education. The Center for Clinical Advancement will develop and deploy consistent world-class curriculum, content, and programs across HCA's 178 acute care facilities nationwide. The strategy of our center shared services implementation focuses on our amazing clinical educators dedicating their time in high value-add, top of skill efforts with our clinicians. To aid in this effort, HCA will leverage size and scale to share clinical education best practices across the enterprise and help make decisions that will positively impact our patient outcomes. We’re excited to advance and hope you will join us on our mission to support the care and improvement of human life!
- The Clinical Professional Development Educator is responsible for enhancing professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by providing evidence-based, quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional and non-licensed clinical staff at assigned facility.
The CPDE actively collaborates in the entire orientation/onboarding process. This includes participating in the development, coordination, managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating on-boarding and orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel. To meet this expectation includes the following:
- Provides orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee retention
- Conducts orientation in a manner that facilitates a positive learning environment
- Role models organizational and personal commitment to new employee success
- Collaborates with the Education Coordinator the logistics of orientation to keep all stakeholders informed
The CPDE is responsible to have the expertise in competency assessment in order to participate in the development, coordination, and managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency. To meet this expectation includes the following:
- Comprehends and interprets competencies to staff and role model competent practice
- Identifies learning needs of staff and assesses practice caps
- Plans educational content with learner engagement
- Collaborates with the Clinical Education Market Director to review outcomes data to evaluate and refine competency management activities.
Education is designed to improve professional practice and provision of quality care. To accomplish this goal the CPDS participates in designing and identifying educational activities to address practice gaps for identified target audiences, which may include licensed and non-licensed healthcare personal in alignment with HCA and division clinical education request and development processes. These activities are developed to achieve specific outcomes related to identified deficits or opportunities for improvement in knowledge, skill and practice. To meet this expectation includes the following:
- Assesses practice gaps and identify learning needs and identifies desired outcomes
- Plans educational content delivery with learner engagement and ensures that education programs meet regulatory requirements.
- Promotes safe, quality and compassionate patient care.
- Understands adult educational theory and able to apply to the development of educational programs.
- Demonstrates an understanding and ability to apply evaluation methodologies, (i.e., Kirkpatrick) into courses and curriculum to refine clinical programs.
Research Evidence-based Practice (EBP)/Quality Improvement (QI)
The CPDE must promote and integrate the EBP in order to continuously improve practice. In addition, they promote research, EBP, and QI in patient care settings. CPDS may conduct, encourage, facilitate, and/or participate in research, EBP, and QI, including dissemination of findings. To meet this expectation includes the following:
- Works with others to identify problems and solutions and collaboratively create the change strategy and exhibit creativity and flexibility through times of change
- Embraces meaningful change and fosters acceptance, adoption and action toward change in others
- Identifies appropriate evidence to guide practice decisions
- Creates a supportive environment for nursing research, scientific inquiry, quality improvement and evidenced-base practice
- Supports research activities that align with the organizational strategic plan
- Disseminates research findings through educational programs, courses, and other activities
- Consistently maintains and sustain practice changes using principles of implementation science
The CPDE collaborates with partners to share experience in planning and decision making to achieve the desired results. Interprofessional collaboration involves multiple healthcare personnel from different professional backgrounds collaborating to deliver the highest quality
- Works collaboratively with interprofessional teams as assigned
- Identifies opportunities for collaboration; initiates collaborative efforts i.e., facility Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), Associate CNO and Nursing Directors
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize evidence-based simulation models to design, implement, evaluate, and standardize educational programs for staff in the use of clinical simulation, debriefing and assessment.
Professional Role Development
Professional role development involves identification and development of strategies to facilitate a continuous process of maturation through lifelong learning. This type of development allows for role transition, role integration, skill acquisition and mastery as learners advance from novice to expert in their professions and specialties. To meet this expectation includes the following:
- Participates in lifelong learning; provides lifelong learning
- Provides expertise in identifying professional development needs of individual staff
- Assists staff to identify areas for individual growth in current role
- Directs staff to career advancement resources
- Utilizes novice to expert continuum when developing staff
- Contributes insights and feedback for succession planning
- Identifies and provides opportunities for skill enhancement and mastery
- Promotes certification
- Monitors the practices or operations with reference to laws, regulations, guidelines, or industry practices to assess compliance, risk, or exposure while communicating key performance indicators for clinical education service line within their division.
- Ensures that the work of the clinical education team develops educational content to meets the accreditation standards of the Joint Commission, Medicare, Medicaid and similar organizations from an educational perspective.
- Accountable for delivery of clinical education services and practices that create a patient-centered organization, driven by customer feedback and data.
- Ensures efficient and effective delivery of quality clinical education content and programs to drive improved clinical metrics.
- Fosters a Service Excellence culture
- Understand nursing unit’s results to identify opportunities to support improvement in internal or external customer satisfaction and/or patient experience.
- Inspires pride in HCA and organizational outcomes by developing a superior clinical identity and culture-of-excellence which inspires higher expectations for care in the physicians, nurses and other clinicians than externally imposed standards.
- Promotes consistent positive patient interactions when coaching clinical staff that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Establishes a culture of accountability for effectively managing expenses and delivering cost-effective healthcare in the communities we serve.
- Supports strategic planning and business development within the clinical education area of responsibility that may include technology advances and other opportunities to drive differentiation support the growth agenda.
- Represents the organization positively within the community; participates in company supported community/patient events and in-services.
- Stays abreast of regulatory changes, emerging technology, and advancements in healthcare delivery.
- Stays abreast of external factors and opportunities impacting healthcare; to include political, legislative and regulatory changes, emerging technologies, and advancements in healthcare delivery.
- Participates with the division education team to contribute to the development of long and short range operational and capital budgets aligned to business objectives
- Provides requested data for assigned facility to assist in completing monthly operations; provides information on variances to the Director, Clinical Professional Development or other education leadership and action plans to address gaps
- Understands impact on department performance in accordance with established budget. Including the utilization of staffing, supplies, equipment.
- Participates in the annual budget process providing input into assigned facility expense forecasts, staffing, supply and equipment needs.Identifies cost reduction opportunities and implements actions to achieve savings.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Preferred: Master's degree in Nursing
- Required: 3+ years of experience in clinical education; 5+ years’ experience in an acute care hospital OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Required: Currently licensed as appropriate to education in the state(s) in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation.
- Preferred: Certification as NPD Practitioner and/or clinical certification as recognized by American Nurse Credentialing Center.
- Required: BLS
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women’s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Burn Center Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.