Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Submit your application today!
We are seeking a HIGHLY SPECIALIZED TRAUMA RESUCITATION NURSE. Our Trauma teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Level I Trauma Center, which allows us to provide fast, skilled care to more adults and adolescents in our ER and Pediatric ER than any other hospital in the area. We are proud to be the region’s first choice for orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health (at Tucker Pavilion) and cardiovascular care (at Levinson Heart Institute).
1. Responds to trauma bays and travels with patient to CT, OR, ICU as needed
2. Responsible for trauma bay readiness
3. Coordinates and triages incoming trauma patients
4. Reviews/evaluates all activations for triage level appropriateness
5. Evaluates admission consultations
6. Manages care with primary trauma surgeon
7. Responsible for documentation compliance
8. Responds to in-house trauma patients critical needs
9. Facilitates psychosocial support
14. Participate in scholarly activities
16. Facilitates trauma bay time outs and debriefings in collaboration with primary surgeon
17. Proactively leads performance improvement activities, interprets data and suggests changes based on performance
18. Tracks trauma quality indicators by patient and prepares case write-ups for presentation at Performance Improvement Patient Safety (PIPS) reviews and tracks decision and action items taken
19. Participates in PIPS process and assists and tracks activities through to loop closure
20. Participates in trauma center survey preparation for State and American College of Surgeons (ACS)and sees activities through to completion
21. Participates and lectures in trauma-related education such as inservices, TNCC and other department driven courses
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Required: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
Required: Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a registered nurse.
Required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider or American Red Cross BLS, ACLS, TNCC, PALS
Why join HCA – CJW Medical Center?
Career Advancement through Clinical Ladder
Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
Student Loan Assistance Program
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.