Create healthier tomorrows and start your career as a Nurse Resident at HCA Healthcare
There are many reasons HCA Healthcare is an employer of choice. We foster an environment of personal and professional growth, while supporting our nurses as they transition from student to professional nurse. Our nurse residency program gives you the confidence and skills you need to set you up for success.
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
The Decision Support Services Senior Analyst will be responsible for providing strategic reporting and information to division and hospital leadership by analyzing operational volumes, expense & service utilization, profitability, and the organization's competitive position in the marketplace. Additionally, the DSS Senior Analyst is involved in maintaining DSS Report infrastructure, monitoring data quality, and developing new reports, dashboards and data sources.
• Coordinates the use of multiple decision support tools, both within and outside the department, and works to increase integration of databases, reporting systems and other decision support processes across the organization.
• Develops and maintains reports, dashboards and databases for analysis of growth, financial, revenue cycle, payer analysis, physician benchmarking and service line volumes
• Analyzes and organizes qualitative and quantitative clinical, financial and administrative data from multiple sources and synthesizes results into meaningful reports and presentations on a regular basis.
• Working collaboratively with others, defines and supports methods of financial analysis for new and existing ventures, health plan contracts and reimbursement impact.
• Engages in decision-making where changes in operational processes will have data and/or reporting implications.
• Participates in the coordination of a variety of complex and confidential special projects, from planning and design stages through implementation, as needed.
• Manages customer expectations as they relate to project deliverables.
• Adheres to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statements.
• Knowledge of healthcare financial systems, cost accounting, revenue cycle, coding and budgeting processes.
• Ability to quickly learn new systems, platforms and software packages.
• Advancing knowledge of financial management and analytical techniques.
• Knowledge of costing, revenue, and profitability data and the ability to explain to key stakeholders.
• Strong communication skills coupled with good judgment and discretion in interacting with Division and Hospital Management on sensitive political and confidential issues.
• Proficiency in technical writing and graphical presentations.
• Experience developing queries, reports, tabular models and reports using MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS Tabular, and Power BI
• Advanced understanding of SQL including querying, indexing, analytic functions, stored procedures and dynamic SQL.
• Familiarity with data analysis and processing using Python.
• Expert level proficiency in Excel 2010 or higher with demonstrated ability to use nested formulas, pivot and data tables, ODBC connections, and dynamic range names.
• Familiarity with SAP Business Objects, Qlikview, Oracle ESSBASE, Teradata, DB/2, Hadoop, and Meditech (including Open Gate) is desirable.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and re-establish priorities as necessary.
• Ability to influence and solve issues, obtain cooperation and support in a cross-functional and geographically distributed environment.
• Initiative and ability to work independently (self-direction), while thriving in a setting requiring collaboration and teamwork for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
• Attention to detail that ensures follow through on initiatives implemented and projects undertaken.
• Ability to prepare and present executive reports and presentations.
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Statistics, Accounting, Data Science / Analytics, Healthcare / Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree preferred.
Requires a minimum of two (2) years of Decision Support, Strategic Planning, Data Analysis, Accounting, or Finance experience in a healthcare environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.