Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Central Sterile Processing Tech PRN? At Houston Metro Urology Surgical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At Houston Metro Urology Surgical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Central Sterile Processing Tech PRN like you to be a part of our team.
As the Sterile Processing Tech, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, you will contribute to the company’s mission and vision by assisting with the care of patients through providing properly cleaned, sterilized and highly disinfected instruments and supplies.
What you will do in this role:
* Demonstrate knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness and sterilization of instruments and equipment
* Demonstrate awareness of appropriate sterilization methods needed for different instruments in accordance with manufacturer instructions
* Demonstrate knowledge of high level disinfection and sterilization of endoscopy equipment
* Monitor and record all test loads and sterilization cycles and report any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager
* Maintain accurate records for PM’s for equipment and report any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager
* Test operational efficiency of Instrumentation prior to reprocessing and report problems to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager
* Monitor all instrumentation for proper sterilization prior to releasing for use
* Perform required quality controls e.g. Bowie Dick, DART, Biological Monitoring, Disinfecting Solution Efficacy Testing, Test Strips
Qualifications you will need:
* Training in basic aseptic technique and sterile processing
* One year experience in surgical instrument sterilization processing, preferably in an acute care or ambulatory surgery center environment
* Valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable
* Certification in Central Processing as per facility and state regulatory requirements
HMU Surgical Center is located in Houston, Texas. We serve the residents of Houston and Harris Counties and surrounding communities in southeastern Texas. The center is designed for Urology Outpatient Surgery. Our facility uses the most modern surgical equipment available today. Our AAAHC accredited center performs over 550 cases a month. Services in cystoscopy, vasectomy, circumcisions, slings, prostate biopsy, BPH treatments, HIFU, lithotripsy, and TURP procedures. As a member of the HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division, we follow our mission. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Central Sterile Processing Tech PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.