Twin Cities Hospital is a 65-bed hospital with a medical staff of over 150 physicians. It offers all private rooms and the areas first Certified Orthopedic Joint Replacement Program and Certified Spine Surgery Program, in addition to a state-of-the-art surgery center. Twin Cities Hospital also has 24 hour emergency services, a critical care unit, Certified Diabetes Education Program, and a variety of inpatient and outpatient diagnostic imaging and laboratory services. Located at Highway 85 North and College Boulevard in Niceville, Twin Cities Hospital also has the areas only hospital based Wellness Center, offering a variety of health related seminars throughout the year. For more information, please call (850) 678-4131.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the Lab Director and Assistant Director, the Lab Assistant assumes the responsibility for performing phlebotomy skills appropriately and efficiently, under the philosophy, policies and procedures established by the hospital and the laboratory department. To assure that the highest degree of quality patient care is maintained at all times. Provides clerical and reception functions for the lab.
1. Knowledge of technical aspects of the phlebotomy and the activities related to optimal collection and maintenance of specimens for laboratory testing.
2. To demonstrate skill and accuracy in obtaining specimens for all age groups serviced.
3. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationship with internal and external customers.
4. Maintains inter and intra departmental communications via telephone, intercom, fax and reception desk.
5. Observes Safety, Infection Control and Risk Management policies and procedures.
6. Performs any duties for efficient and quality operation of the department, including processing specimens.
7. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
9. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
10. Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
11. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
12. Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
13. Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: None
National registration certificate preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
One year experience required
1-3 years preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Good customer relation skills including written, verbal and telephone
Filing and clerical skills. Copying and faxing skills helpful
Working knowledge of policies and procedures of Phlebotomy
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.