SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Mental Health Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Retreat Doctor's Hospital, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
Student Loan Repayment
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Mental Health Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Mental Health Technician contributes to the maintenance of a safe and therapeutic milieu through prompt reporting of observed behavior, milieu processes and other pertinent information. .
- Through direct care, observation, and communication with the patient. you will collect and document patient admission and shift behavioral and physical clinical data and observations Provide appropriate information to assist RN with admission and shift RN assessments.
- You will perform vital signs, BP's and accuchecks. Report abnormalities in vital signs (per protocol) to Registered Nurse. You will also provide or assist patients with Activities of Daily Living and assist with treatments or procedures within documented level of competency. Perform groups with patient population
- Provide behavioral health care interventions utilizing the least restrictive interventions
- You will provide for the safety of patients, visitors and staff and complete routine and special safety checks
- Act as sitters for behavioral health patients and have flexibility to assist on other floors with sitting for behavioral health patients to the scope of employees job description/practice
Retreat Doctors' Hospital Center for Emotional Growth
- 20 Private Rooms
- 2 Double Occupancy Rooms
- 3 Group Therapy Rooms and 1 consulting room for medical evaluation
- Our treatment team consists of psychiatrists, registered nurses, case management personnel, activities therapists, and mental health technicians.
- Our program recognizes mental and emotional health as an integral part of overall health.
- We provide short-term term intensive mental health treatment for adults in crisis. Our treatment program consists of a variety of group and individual services including but not limited to relaxation techniques, medication management, management of acute symptoms, safety management, and activity therapies.
- We use evidence-based practices to provide engaging treatments and foster positive outcomes.
Retreat Doctors’ Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, is one of Healthgrades Top 50 Hospitals in the nation. Retreat is a 226-bed facility offering medical and surgical programs, 24-hour adult and pediatric emergency care and outpatient services. The Retreat Doctors’ Hospital campus is also home to the Institute of Urological Health, offering the latest innovations in urological care and surgery. Located in the historic Fan District, we are proud to bring state-of-the-art technology and compassionate care to our neighbors and the surrounding community.
High School Diploma or GED who is either enrolled in a Bachelors level program, or has six months of previous psychiatric experience (required)
Bachelors Degree in Psychology or related field (preferred)
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
Previous 6 months experience in an acute care adult, geriatric or child/adolescent behavioral health setting, which can be done in way of internship. Successful completion of a Bachelors Degree in Psychology or related field would fill this requirement in lieu of six months experience (required)
Previous, successful employment experience of one year in an acute care adult, geriatric or child/adolescent behavioral health setting. Medical care technician experience (preferred)
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply!. We promptly review all applications and highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.