DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
1. Responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the Maternal/ Neonatal Leveling Program in compliance with all requirements of the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), as outlined in the State Leveling Rules. Works closely with the department nursing director (Program Manager), Program Medical Director, medical staff, administration, department heads, ancillary and nursing personnel to assist with coordination of the maternal/neonatal program.
2. Audits charts for performance improvement indicators and overall patient care and promptly reports an identified problems or significant issues to the department nursing director or Program Medical Director.
3. Responsible producing reports and statistical data as requested by the Texas Department of State Health Services, Department Director, Trauma Medical Director, or other Methodist Healthcare System personnel involved in the care of maternal/neonatal patients.
4. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with other departments to facilitate and support quality maternal/neonatal care, including attendance at required meetings and in-services related to service line. Provides clinical expertise in communication with medical and hospital staff.
5. Responsible for maintaining a broad knowledge base of the program requirements and goals, and is able to assist with essential responsibilities in the absence of the department director.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Specialty Certification preferred.
Experience: At least three years of recent full-time hospital nursing experience in obstetrics or neonatal critical care is preferred.
Minimum License and Certificates Required: Must possess a current license from the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas to practice professional nursing.
Since opening in 1998 as the first and only hospital in San Antonio and South Texas designed and built just for children, Methodist Children’s Hospital has set the standard for treating the children of South and Central Texas. The hospital continues to lead the region in treating severely ill children, those with complex and chronic medical diagnoses, by providing the most sub-specialized care available. Our new tower is part of a landmark expansion which will increase the footprint of the Methodist Hospital campus by 445,000 square feet.
The new tower includes 150 rooms and a dedicated children’s imaging department with new, state-of-the art technology. The 94-bed neonatal intensive care unit, still the region’s largest, has board-certified neonatologists in-house 24/7 and is the city’s only Texas Department of Health-designated Level 4 neonatal intensive care unit. The new tower also includes 15 additional ER rooms, bringing the total to 40. Methodist Children’s Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Children’s Hospital under Locations.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.