DescriptionSHIFT: Weekends Only
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at Wesley Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
At Wesley, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
· Paid Personal Leave
· 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
· Identity Theft Protection discounts
· Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
· Adoption Assistance
· Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our team is a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Speech Language Pathologist with us:
· Provides identification, prevention, diagnosis, treatment, education and discharge planning for patients with feeding, swallowing, communication and/or cognitive disorders
· Evaluates the patient ’s swallow, feeding, communication and/or cognitive status in the environment best for the patient and utilizing appropriate evaluation materials and procedures
· Develops and implements a written treatment plan based on the interpretation of the evaluation
· Communicates verbally and/or in written form with the patient, family, physicians and other health care staff regarding the outcome of the patient’s tests and the plan for follow-up
· Documents all patient-related activities in a manner that is thorough, clear, timely and allows for easy retrieval of the information, consistent with medical center policies and procedures
· Completes discharge planning and a written discharge summary
· Provides formal and informal educational sessions to family, patients, physicians, healthcare staff, students and any other group requesting information within the scope of practice
· Supervises Speech Language Pathology students during their clinical affiliations
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center, level I trauma center and licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What qualifications you will need:
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
· Current Speech Language Pathology licensure in the state of Kansas
· Certificate of Clinical Competence through ASHA in Speech Language Pathology
o New graduates require Certificate of Clinical Competence through ASHA within 18 months of employment
· Master of Arts or Science in Speech Language Pathology
· Previous clinical experience
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.