DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Portsmouth Regional is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation’s largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region’s residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area’s largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Recently, we were named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Health grades. Most recently, we received the Leapfrog ‘A’ Hospital Safety Grade.
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Portsmouth Regional Hospital we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Manager CSR to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Reports to the Director of Surgical Services. Manages departmental services to provide patient care equipment and surgical instrumentation reprocessing functions including; collection, decontamination, assembly, sterilization, high-level disinfection and distribution. Manages the surgical instrument inventory and supplies supporting departmental activities. Serves as subject matter expert and resource for product reprocessing needs. Develops and ensures compliance with departmental budget. Manages fixed departmental equipment and plant property. Works collaboratively with other departments and units to ensure efficient, safe and effective instrument and equipment availability. Models excellence in customer service, ensuring the highest standards for both internal and external constituent satisfaction.
• Supervises CSR technicians to achieve established operational performance and quality goals. Manages all: collection, decontamination, assembly, sterilization, high-level disinfection, distribution and inventory management. Maintains continued education and proficiency in the field of Sterile Processing operations and equipment through education, literature and seminars. Serves as a technical expert regarding product reprocessing, decontamination, and sterilization for the facility. Demonstrates correct department processes and procedures to staff.
• Ensures optimal sterile processing performance; through quality control and quality assurance of all Sterile Processing activities and equipment. Monitors and reports equipment operational status. Recommends equipment changes, upgrades and additions to meet manufacturer's instructions for use (IFU) for all items processed. Assures departmental standards of operation and policies are in compliance with regulatory and professional agencies, including but not limited to CMS, TJC, AAMI, AORN, etc. Facilitates the recruitment and selection of department staff. Provides staff with ongoing feedback and documents appropriately including performance evaluations.
• Develops a comprehensive departmental orientation for new staff. Routinely coordinates training and competency validation for all. Ensures staff work is performed within prescribed technical and safety standards. Provides or coordinates instructions and in-service on new products, procedures and equipment to identify and prevent resource loss and maintains patient and staff safety. Ensures staff attend technical and mandatory training/education.
• Schedules staff and work to ensure cases have instruments and equipment when needed. Monitors and adheres to labor and expense budgets. Maintains reports in appropriate cycles for department performance, productivity and staff attendance. Collaborates with Director of Surgical Services on departmental budget and maintains fiscally responsible practices to meet the budget expectations.
• Provides on going and effective communication with physicians, hospital/clinic department management, staff and vendor representatives. Represents department/Surgical Services by attending appropriate department, facility and regional meetings.
1 to 3 years
High school or GED
Other: CSR Certification
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.