St. David's South Austin Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for PACU Recovery Registered Nurse PRN position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David's South Austin Medical Center!
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), you will plan, implement, evaluate, and document nursing care for assigned patients. You will direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to post-anesthesia and post-operative patients.
* You will complete an age-appropriate assessment on each assigned patient and create a specific plan of care upon patient arrival
* You will obtain supplies, equipment, and medication needed for patient care
* You will monitor the patient throughout the recovery phase
* You will identify and correct airway obstructions, ensure uninterrupted oxygen therapy, and extubate patients
* You will administer IV therapy
* You will recognize and report variations in patient condition to the appropriate individuals (physician, anesthesiologist, clinical nurse coordinator)
* You will monitor patients for adverse reactions prior to transport from Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
* You will make rounds to check equipment cleanliness and appropriate storage
* You will monitor narcotic and medication control
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Previous acute care experience – preferred
* Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility’s full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women’s services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our PACU Recovery Registered Nurse PRN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.