SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career by joining our Cardiac Medical Unit. Submit your application today!
Our Unit Clerk teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, student loan repayment and an employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
LewisGale Hospital Montgomery (LGHM) is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia, in the backyard of the Virginia Tech University campus. LGHM is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) hospital and is a 146-bed acute care facility. Most importantly, we hold a distinction for being a Magnet Facility and are recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer.
The following duties and functions will be required of this role:
- Greets and attends to patients/visitors in waiting areas, directing them to other departments, communicating regularly, and keeping them informed of wait times as needed. Promotes and displays a positive, customer-oriented demeanor.
- Performs patient-centered secretarial tasks, such as physician order entry and creating, labeling, and organizing patient charts. Disassembles and files charts after discharge. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Receives and directs all incoming calls and relays pertinent messages to others while maintaining accuracy, clarity and confidentiality. Exercises good judgment and discretion in all communications and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Fosters positive first impression by ensuring waiting area and work areas are tidy, organized, and safe for visitors, patients and family members.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computer and other office equipment, including all equipment used for communication, such as intercoms, fax machines, and clinical documentation systems.
- Orders and re-stocks office and other unit supplies as needed. Performs minor office equipment repairs and upkeep.
- Serves as a communication liaison between unit and other hospital departments.
- Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Demonstrates caring and empathy in all interactions and advocates for patient- and family-centered approach in all decisions and actions.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including active listening. Ensures patients, physicians, and colleagues have a clear understanding of all communications. \
- Participates as an active member of the health care team and positively promotes the rest of the team to patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates behaviors consistent with established policies/procedures.
- Assists with orientation of new personnel as directed. Serves as a positive role model and resource for peers.
- Willingly shares knowledge/expertise and assists co-workers. Fosters teamwork and contributes to achievement of team goals.
- Participates and provides input in staff meetings.
- Seeks opportunities to impact the growth of the organization by promoting excellence in patient experience and providing high quality care to the patients served.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Takes initiative to increase job knowledge through additional training, cross training skill development and/or continuing education.
- Utilizes charge system for supplies and equipment.
- Optimizes use of supplies, equipment and services, ensuring a high level of clinical care at the lowest cost.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care, or the services delivered.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Certification is required
- Weekend & Holidays (as needed)
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.