This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Manager Revenue Applications today with HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Healthcare, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a(an) Manager Revenue Applications. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
This position serves as a team manager for Parallon Business Performance Group - Revenue Applications Team. This team develops revenue cycle focused applications and automation to support Parallon’s mission. This position assists with translating the vision of subject matter experts and business leaders into technology with the intention of reducing costs (through reduction of manual efforts and enhanced workflow), improving accuracy and ensuring compliance. This position is responsible for collaborating across multiple departments and must develop and maintain strategic relationships that can be leveraged to provide the best possible solutions for the enterprise. This position is expected to coach and develop the staff that will fill current and future leadership needs of the organization. It reports to and works closely with the department Director on the development, strategy and internal processes in this mission critical area. This position has significant interaction with Parallon business leadership, Shared Services Center personnel, and HCA Corporate ITG. The individual filling this position should have a background and general understanding of revenue cycle processes as it pertains to the healthcare industry. Prior knowledge of EDI and understanding how it and X12 work in a large enterprise environment is a plus.
- Responsible for the management of staff supporting multiple projects, products and services to meet overall vision for Parallon
- Provides oversight, development and implementation of Parallon strategies and technologies plus all other tactical aspects of this area for Parallon.
- Creates joint vision and future strategies by building and managing relationships with multiple key stakeholders and staff including functional area Subject Matter Experts, SSC personnel, HCA Corporate IT personnel and Internal Audit to understand business requirements, define or modify policies and procedures, define reporting, and enhance the current web tools for use by all parties involved.
- Responsible for the development of staff through performance planning and monitoring of progress and ensuring the staff follow processes and standards to achieve the needs of the business partners.
- Works with other leaders to set product/service direction in alignment with larger product/service direction/architecture, develops goals, and establishes work priorities.
- Builds relationships with multiple business operations, subject matter experts, vendors and staff. Collaborates with several HCA Corporate IT&S functional areas to address product and project issues. Creates an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution, cross-training, and process improvement.
- Must be able to effectively delegate to staff – trust but verify.
- Must be able to lead staff while overseeing application development projects to ensure that proper standards, techniques and tools are utilized.
- Must be able to work with Corporate ITG to ensure applications comply with HCA development and architectural standards.
- Supports, as needed, annual audit reviews (e.g. internal & external audit for application and change control, SAS70 reviews, Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, etc) plus supporting and monitoring of SLA’s.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- College Degree Preferred, Equivalent Work Experience Considered
- Technical development background and aptitude for solving logic problems
- Experience in BizTalk or similar is beneficial
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent and concise communication skills - both verbally and in writing
- Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
- Ownership – takes ownership of assigned responsibilities and follows through on outstanding issues
- Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- PC skills - skilled in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Project management - uses tools and processes to identify and communicate project goals, schedules, responsibilities, progress and performance
- Teambuilding - demonstrates ability to foster and perform in a team-building environment
- Minimum 3 years of functional management and personnel administration plus experience in the following areas:
- Application Development
- Project Management
- Knowledge of Agile or similar methodologies
- Process Engineering
- Application Development Metrics
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Background with Healthcare IT revenue cycle. Collections experience is a plus.
- Experience with EDI using X12
- Familiarity with BI reporting tools
- Experience with Azure or AWS cloud environments and automation tools like UiPath or K2
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Travel – minimal travel may be required
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Manager Revenue Applications opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.