Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David's Surgical Hospital our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Ambulatory Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David's Surgical Hospital, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
At St. David's Surgical Hospital, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Ambulatory Registered Nurse opportunity.
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in Outpatient Services/Ambulatory Care, you will be responsible for the admission, preoperative assessment and preparation of patients admitted on the day of the scheduled surgical procedure.. You will plan, implement, evaluate, and document nursing care for assigned patients, and will be responsible for post-operative care and discharge of outpatients.
* You will assess, plan, and evaluate pre-op and post-op patient care
* You will obtain supplies, equipment, and medications needed for patient care
* You will prepare and monitor patients for surgeries and procedures
* You will administer medication and IV therapy
* You will receive and initiate physician orders
* You will provide pre-op and post-op patient teaching and emotional support
* You will ensure all patients have met discharge criteria
* You will complete patient follow-up calls post-procedure to evaluate patient care
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Acute care experience – preferred
* Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification – preferred
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification – preferred
St. David’s Surgical Hospital is a destination surgical facility located in north Austin, Texas. A campus of St. David’s North Austin Medical Center, this hospital features 40 inpatient rooms, several operating suites, pre-op and PACU bays, and an intensive care unit (ICU). The campus specializes in orthopedic, neurological, bariatric, gynecological, and urological surgeries, but includes services such as imaging and pharmacy.
St. David’s Surgical Hospital is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local nonprofits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Ambulatory Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.