SHIFT: No Weekends
Rotating Weekends and Holidays Required
Do you have the career opportunities as a Lead Medical Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Lee's Summit Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At LSMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Lead Medical Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As a Medical Techologist you are vital in determining a patient’s response to medical treatment by testing blood levels, as well as matching blood types when a transfusion is necessary. A Med Tech prepares blood, urine, and tissue samples for analysis using special lab equipment and is an instrumental partner in patient care.
About this unit:
- Supportive and Collaborative Team environment
- Work with a variety of hospital staff, including Nurses, PCTs, Lab Professionals, Physicians and more.
- Under the general supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist performs pre-analytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, date entry, and specimen processing.
- Performs moderate complexity and high complexity testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988.
- Performs post-analytic testing responsibilities including test reporting, verification, investigation of technical, instrumental, and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results.
- Monitors quality control. Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
- Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
- Maintains a safe work area.
- Demonstrates professional work habits, interpersonal skills and great customer service.
- Participates in performance improvement activities, evaluation of new test methodologies/instrumentation, and management of laboratory data.
- Correlates abnormal laboratory data with pathologic states to determine validity and/or whether follow-up tests should be performed.
- Teaches theory and procedures using educational methodology to clinical laboratory science (medical technology) students.
- Assists with the orientation and training of LTA, LTA, LSC, CLT/MLT, MT Non-registered, and CLS/MT Registered employees.
- The Medical Technologist provides care for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
- This employee may or may not be required to perform specimen collections as defined by their individual competencies. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in medical technology or related science required OR Bachelor degree and certification in subspeciality area OR “Grandfathered” as a medical technologist by CLIA 88
- MT (ASCP), CLS (NCA), MLS (ASCP) or, as appropriate, BB(ASCP), C(ASCP), I (ASCP), H(ASCP), or M(ASCP) certification or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in an accredited laboratory required and 2 years experience in the technical area preferred.
- Hospital laboratory and supervisory experience preferred.
Lee’s Summit Medical Center serves Lee’s Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is part of HCA Healthcare.
Additional features include:
- Emergency Room with 14 private treatment rooms;
- Orthopedic and Spine Center,
- Level II stroke designation
- Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
- Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech therapy and sports medicine;
- Women’s services;
- Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee's Summit Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Lead Medical Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.