Create healthier tomorrows and start your career as a Nurse Resident at HCA Healthcare
There are many reasons HCA Healthcare is an employer of choice. We foster an environment of personal and professional growth, while supporting our nurses as they transition from student to professional nurse. Our nurse residency program gives you the confidence and skills you need to set you up for success.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Certified Surgical Tech PRN today with Summit Surgery Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Summit Surgery Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Come join our team as a(an) Certified Surgical Tech PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
What you will do in this role:
* Demonstrate necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the surgical technician in accordance with Association of Surgical Technologists
* Assist in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments
* Ensure that surgical asepsis is maintained in the handling of instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings
* Assist in the turnover of the O.R. suites between cases, disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and environmental surfaces
* Prepare procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available
Qualifications you will need:
* Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program (preferred)
* One year experience in an operating room setting (preferably in an ambulatory surgery center)
* Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program as required per facility practice and state regulatory requirement; otherwise preferred
* Valid BCLS Certification upon employment ***Online certification not acceptable
Summit Surgery Center located in Hermitage, Tennessee. We are easily accessible to I-40 and Nashville International Airport. We perform over 450 cases a month in dental, ENT, endoscopy, gynecology, neurology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pediatrics, plastics, and podiatry. As a member of the HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division, we follow our mission. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Certified Surgical Tech PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.