About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include participation of 401k. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) RCP III RRT PRN with Las Palmas Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Las Palmas Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Las Palmas Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic RCP III RRT PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
POSITION SUMMARY: Knowledge of patient responses to medication, side effects and proper dosages used in respiratory therapy. Able to communicate effectively with physicians, patient, nursing and other allied health practitioners, other managers, the public and administration. Ability to teach/instruct, assess and reassess others as needed. Recognizes and reports patient abuse and neglect. Basic knowledge of dynamic and static pulmonary function values and knowledge of generally accepted practices in respiratory care as prescribed by the physician for all age groups. Demonstrates knowledge in the delivery, setup and maintenance of respiratory therapy equipment based on routine and non-routine applications. Performs patient assessment and recommend appropriate therapeutic and diagnostic modalities per department protocols. Responsible for establishing and assisting with maintenance of arterial lines.
1. Individual Leadership: Demonstrates confidence in own skills, knowledge and ability and opportunities for personal growth and ability to accept and adapt change.
2. Customer Service: Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
3. Transcultural Sensitivity: Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
4. Risk Management/Patient/Customer Safety: Demonstrates patient/customer safety according to policies and procedures.
5. Educator: Identifies, implements, and/or evaluates opportunities for patient/family education.
6. Infection Control: Demonstrates infection control practices congruent with policies and procedures.
7. Performance Improvement: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities at the department level.
8. Financial Accountability: Identifies opportunities for waste reduction and department efficiency.
9. Information Management: Demonstrates adherence to information management polices and procedures, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
10. Communication: Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration of appropriate communication skills and reporting/activation of the chain of command appropriately.
11. Practices Professionalism: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance.
12. Ethics/Compliance: Performs all duties ethically, complying with all policies and procedures, federal, state, and local laws.
13. Environment of care: Demonstrates accountability in role and responsibilities of the 7 Environment of Care plans.
14. Job Specific:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Physical demands require performing all essential functions of this position as assigned. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, back support belts, gloves, masks and safety glasses.
REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS BLS provider (American Heart Association standards).
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
COMPETENCIES: The competencies identified for this position are summarized and reviewed at time of hire, upon completion of initial employment period, and annually through the performance appraisal process. The required behaviors and measurement associated with threshold, core, job specific, and management (if applicable) competencies are outlined in the attached Competency Assessment Forms.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right
to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances warrant (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel or staffing, workload, rush jobs, or technical developments).
Las Palmas Medical Centeris a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region’s only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center, cardiac care, women’s services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our RCP III RRT PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.