Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Clinical Data Analyst - Clinical Outcomes with Methodist Healthcare System you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Methodist Healthcare System, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Methodist Healthcare System family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Clinical Data Analyst - Clinical Outcomes to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Seeking a Clinical Data Analyst - Clinical Outcomes who will translate business needs into the development of analytical work products using a number of market leading software packages including those used for building reports, dashboards/scorecards and other guided analysis applications and extract-transform-load (ETL) programs. The position will perform a key role to help Methodist Healthcare achieve its strategic goal of pushing timely and actionable information to leaders and stakeholders. The candidate will work collaboratively with MHS and HCA IT&S to optimize work effort, develop common solutions, and share best practices. Proficiency is expected for relational databases. Competence with facets of emerging technology is also expected, such as Big Data, Interactive Visualization, Predictive Analytics, and Search-Based Data Discovery. The role requires working closely with others, frequently in a matrixed environment, and with little to moderate levels of supervision. The successful candidate must be an out-of-the box thinker who can learn, implement and execute repeatable and effective processes and deploy solutions in the most time efficient manner with the highest level of quality at the lowest cost. The culture of our organization places an emphasis on teamwork, so social and interpersonal skills are as equally important as technical capability.
What you will do in this role:
1. Working collaboratively with MHS and HCA Quality and Patient Safety teams to understand needs for information delivery
2. Working collaboratively with MHS and HCA IT&S to optimize work effort, develop common solutions, and share best practices
3. Responsible for analyzing business requirements, designing, and developing quality and patient safety applications.
4. Translating requirements into actionable and effective work products using a variety of commercial software products
5. Driving successful deployment, training/education, and ongoing support of analytical work products
6. Ensuring that all work products meet operational as well as functional requirements, including performance, availability, reliability, latency, etc.
7. Lead development projects involving multiple departments
8. Create documentation for work products
9. Build strong relationships within the department, with IT&S, and other MHS / HCA departments
10. Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts in concert with IT&S
11. Development of new functionality or enhancements to existing reporting applications to support business objectives
12. Generate statistics, prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process
13. Manage multiple projects simultaneously
14. Establish and meet target dates
What qualifications you will need:
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: None
2. Preferred: None
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas region. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, we employ more than 11,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. Methodist Healthcare is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare. Since 1963, our commitment has never wavered in consistently improving the health and wellness of our community by “Serving Humanity to Honor God.”
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes nine acute care facilities: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery, Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Hospital South, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, Methodist Hospital Stone Oak and Methodist Hospital Texsan. We also offer 4 freestanding emergency centers in Boerne, Converse, Westover Hills, and the Quarry. At each of our facilities, we offer an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Clinical Data Analyst - Clinical Outcomes opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.