DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Position: Medical Records Specialist
Facility: Lewis Gale Hospital
Shift: Days - No Weekends
Are you looking for an organization that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at Parallon, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
As part of the HCA Healthcare family, we want to invest in you. Create a customizable benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. In addition to medical selections, you have the option to enroll in other perks such as our matching 401k, medical, dental, and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, student loan repayment, and tuition reimbursement programs.
The HIM Specialist will routinely perform duties in support of the management of Horizon Patient Folder (HPF)/McKesson Patient Folder (MPF) workflow queues, the source clinical E.H.R. (e.g., MEDITECH, Epic, MedHost, Cerner, etc.), working applicable worklists within 3M 360 Encompass, resolving unbilled accounts, routine data entry of unbilled reason codes (URCs), retrieving medical records and loose documentation from ancillary departments and nursing units, prepping, scanning and indexing of the documents into HPF/MPF or E.H.R and performing quality checks of documents scanned, processing birth certificates as required by state law, assisting with ROI requests, answering phones, processing HIM incoming mail, and processing physician suspensions.
HIM Department Duties:
• Retrieves discharged medical records from various departments in the hospital and reconciles them to ensure that all records are accounted for.
• Facilitates the retrieval and printing of medical records from storage, as well as the storage, archival and record retention of documents and/or other Alternate Media that cannot be scanned into HPF/MPF (e.g., fetal monitor strips).
• May assist with the physician suspension process by evaluating if a physician should be put on suspension, creating the list of recommended suspensions for approval, sending out notice letters, making reminder calls, etc
• May assist in setting up review queues for external chart reviews, provides training, and addresses questions.
• May spend significant time researching, analyzing, and resolving unbilled accounts utilizing applicable system(s).
• Ensures unbilled reason codes (URC) are entered in applicable system(s) timely.
• May assist with merging duplicate accounts, which requires research and problem solving.
• May assist with release of information (ROI) requests, involving interaction with customers in person or over the phone and giving instruction, ensuring the validity and authorization of the request, routing requests to applicable ROI vendor personnel for processing, and processing urgent requests on a limited basis
• Assists the Facility HIM Director in gathering statistics for HSC reporting (e.g., documentation for timeliness of History and Physicals, Operative Reports, etc.)
High school graduate or equivalent preferred
Hospital or physician office experience preferred; but not required. Previous experience in the handling of patient health information, medical records document imaging and/or medical records is strongly preferred
Completing a certification program from the state may be required for Birth Certificate processing; training will be provided
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.