Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Certified First Assist opening with Palms West Surgicenter today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At Palms West Surgicenter, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
We are seeking a(an) Certified First Assist for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
As a Certified First Assist, you will work under the direction of the operating surgeon. You will function as first/second assistant to the surgeon during the operative procedure, providing aid in exposure, hemostasis, and other technical functions to ensure safe and efficient outcomes. You will be responsible for restocking and changing over rooms between cases.
What you will do in this role:
* You will demonstrate the necessary practical, technical and/or specialized knowledge and skills required in accordance with ASA (Association of Surgical Assistants) and other regulatory standards
* Communicate with the surgeon prior to the case to ascertain specific needs
* You will share information with the remainder of the surgical team in a timely manner
* You will assisting with patient positioning, skin preparation, and surgical draping according to the surgeon’s protocol
* You will anticipate the needs of the surgeon in order to expedite the procedure, while minimizing the patient’s exposure to surgical and anesthetic stress
* You will ensure the temperature of the patient is discussed with anesthesia personnel in compliance with desired temperature ranges
* You will assist the surgeon by providing retraction and aiding exposure of the operative site
* Facilitate hemostasis of the surgical site by performing suction, irrigation and sponging during a surgical procedure
* You will assist with skin or external suturing and stapling under the surgeon’s direction
Qualifications for this role:
* You are a graduate of a CAAHEP-accredited program in surgical assisting and attain the CSFA credential administrated by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
* BLS certification
* You have one year experience in an operating room setting, preferably in an ambulatory surgery center
* You are a Certified Surgical Assistant (CSA)
* You have a valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable.
Palms West Surgicenter is located in Loxahatchee, Florida. We are one of the fasted growing areas in Palm Beach County. The area is known for its equestrian community. Our center is near great schools, arts, malls, zoos, and of course the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. We have cared for our residents for more than 14 years. Services in the areas of gastroenterology, gynecology, lap banding, lithotripsy, ENT, orthopedic, plastics, podiatry, and urology are provided. Our AAAHC accredited center performs over 700 procedures a month. We are a member of the HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Certified First Assist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.