Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Laundry Assistant? At Mission Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At Mission Hospital, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
• Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
• 401k retirement plan
• Identify Theft Protection
• Pet Insurance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
• Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
• Tuition reimbursement
• Student loan assistance program
• Employee discount program and lots more!
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Laundry Assistant like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Job Summary: Produces clean linen for patients, employees and others in accordance with Mission policy and industry standards (Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council). Responsibilities include but are not limited to sorting soiled, washing and cleaning linen, processing clean according to departmental standards. This position supports a department that is open 365 days a year with rotating schedules. This role will produce linen with assistance of industrial equipment and will be required to repetitively bend, pull, lift and push of product.
1. Ability to transport-500 pound carts of dirty and clean linen to designated stations.
2. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds to provide product to equipment.
3. Performance of the assigned tasks in a proficient manner. This includes attaining a minimum of 100% of the production standard for tasks for which production standards have been established.
4. Maintain a clean and hazard free work area.
5. Immediately report all broken or malfunctioning equipment or safety hazards to the appropriate person for corrective action.
6. Able to work overtime as required and on any day or shift as needed.
Required Education: N/A
Preferred Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Required License: None
Preferred License: N/A
Required Experience: None
Preferred Experience: One to two years experience working in a laundry operation and/or familiarity in working a production-oriented environment. Working Conditions: Exposure to adverse temperatures which may include extreme hot or cold.
Mission Hospital, located in Asheville, North Carolina, serves as the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care in western North Carolina and the adjoining region. Mission Hospital is licensed for more than 800 beds and houses the region’s only dedicated Level II trauma center. It also includes Mission Children’s Hospital – the region’s only children’s hospital. The flagship hospital of Mission Health, Mission Hospital has been consistently ranked as one of the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics. Mission Hospital, a member of Mission Health, is an operating division of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Laundry Assistant opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.