Create healthier tomorrows and start your career as a Nurse Resident at HCA Healthcare
There are many reasons HCA Healthcare is an employer of choice. We foster an environment of personal and professional growth, while supporting our nurses as they transition from student to professional nurse. Our nurse residency program gives you the confidence and skills you need to set you up for success.
Bay Area Surgicare Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for PreOp Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
At Bay Area Surgicare Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Bay Area Surgicare Ctr!
Join our team as a Preoperative Nurse in our ambulatory surgery center. You will be responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating the nursing care rendered preoperatively for your patients. As a valued addition to our company, you will exhibit the values of HCA as a whole, as well as your individual center, providing quality care like family.
What you will do in this role:
* Prepare your patients’ care area adequately before case
* Ensure availability of necessary equipment and supplies for your patients’ procedure
* Conduct complete physical and psychological assessment and evaluation of your patients’ history and diagnostic tests
* Review your patients’ charts for completeness prior to surgery
* Administer pre-operative medications and intravenous therapy as prescribed
* Monitor your patients until transferred to the OR
Qualifications you will need:
* Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in a PACU or ICU setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
* Active RN license as required by state of employment.
* Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
* ACLS required.
Bay Area Surgicare Center is located in Webster, Texas. We serve the residents of Harris County since 1979. We perform over 600 cases a month. Services in ENT, Endoscopy, Colorectal, GYN, Opthalmology, Orthopedic, Pain Management, Podiatry, Urology, Plastic and Reconstructive specialties. Our AAAHC accredited center. We are a member of HCA Healthcare’s Ambulatory Surgery Division.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our PreOp Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.