DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Safety and Emergency Management Coordinator.
At HCA Healthcare the safety of our patients and staff are our top priority. The Safety and Emergency Management Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the operations of the Emergency Management System, Environmental Health and Operational Safety. Partners with management teams to ensure safe work environment including training and communication to all staff. Collaborates with Facilities, Security, Consultants, Allied Health Staff, Administration, other Safety staff, outside vendors and other health care professionals regarding emergency management and fire response.
· Assure appropriate and timely organization response to regulatory issues (compliance, implantation of new regulations, etc.), adequate and appropriate response to organizational requests for assistance.
· Inform senior leadership programs, program impacts and issues.
· Develop, implement, design, facilitation, coordination and education of appropriate institutional organizational and developmental emergency response plans and exercises.
· Manage fire, safety, emergency management, hazardous materials and general safety programs as delegated.
· Create and present educational presentations to all levels of staff.
· Act as a liaison, advocate, proponent and consultant on safety services to the hospital at all levels and entities to external clients as directed.
· Investigate emergency events and makes recommendations to administrative, departmental managers and safety teams to improve work practices and reduce risks.
· Generate records and reports, interprets data and implements new programs.
· Monitor compliance with governmental regulations and coordinates, organizes and develops policies as requested. Develops and implements new procedural protocols, educational curriculum, program objectives, competencies and maintains regulatory documentation of programs.
· Represent the facility while collaborating with Federal, State and local public health agencies as designated.
· Documents Environment of Care.
• Associate's degree, required
• Bachelor's degree Science/Engineering or related field, preferred
• 1+ year(s) of experience in Safety Management, preferred
• 1+ year(s) of experience in Disaster Management, preferred
• A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider, required
• Certified Emergency Manager (CEM), Certified Protection Professional (CPP), or Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP) for applicable state within three years of hire, preferred
• National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), Life Safety Code 101, Centers for Medicare Strategies, (CMS) National Incident Management System (NIMS), Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), The Joint Commission (TJC), required
• Ambulatory, hospital, and psychiatric standards, preferred
• Healthcare Incident Command (HICS), preferred
Memorial Satilla Health is a 200 plus bed, full-service, acute care medical center that has been providing high-quality medical care to the greater Waycross community and southeast Georgia region for more than 60 years. The facility, in the HCA Healthcare South Atlantic Division, attributes its success to the team effort that is focused on caring for you and your family. Memorial Satilla Health employs a staff of over 600 employees and more than 300 physicians who work hard every day to combine safe, quality medical care and advanced technology with compassion and understanding. Key specialty services include Cardiac, Orthopedic, Surgical, Rehabilitation, Sleep and Birthing Centers. Additionally, Memorial Satilla Health treats more than 45,000 emergencies each year and has an extensive Behavioral Health program.
Waycross, GA, and its neighboring town of Blackshear, GA, collectively offer excellent public schools, an active art and theater group, several golf courses, and an excellent array of hiking, fishing, camping and boating. With many large tracts of land available, excellent housing, and low real estate costs, our locale is the perfect place for families.
HCA Healthcare has been consecutively named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.