Create healthier tomorrows and start your career as a Nurse Resident at HCA Healthcare
There are many reasons HCA Healthcare is an employer of choice. We foster an environment of personal and professional growth, while supporting our nurses as they transition from student to professional nurse. Our nurse residency program gives you the confidence and skills you need to set you up for success.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) PreOp Nurse PRN you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Bay Area Surgicare Ctr which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Bay Area Surgicare Ctr, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Bay Area Surgicare Ctr!
Join our team as a Perioperative Nurse in our ambulatory surgery center. You will be responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating the nursing care rendered preoperatively and postoperatively until your patients are discharged. As a valued addition to our company, you will exhibit the values of HCA as a whole, as well as your individual center, providing quality care like family.
What you will do in this role:
* Prepare your patients’ care area adequately before case
* Ensure availability of necessary equipment and supplies for your patients’ procedure
* Conduct complete physical, and psychological assessment and evaluation of your patients’ history and diagnostic tests
* Administer pre-operative medications and intravenous therapy as prescribed
* You will exhibit proper technique for insertion, maintenance, and removal of IV catheters and saline locks
* Check dressings and/or operative site of your patients and report abnormalities to the surgeon
* Ensure your patients meet discharge criteria
Qualifications you will need:
* Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in a PACU or ICU setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
* Active RN license as required by state of employment.
* Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
* ACLS required.
* PALS as required by facility.
Bay Area Surgicare Center is located in Webster, Texas. We serve the residents of Harris County since 1979. We perform over 600 cases a month. Services in ENT, Endoscopy, Colorectal, GYN, Opthalmology, Orthopedic, Pain Management, Podiatry, Urology, Plastic and Reconstructive specialties. Our AAAHC accredited center. We are a member of HCA Healthcare’s Ambulatory Surgery Division.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our PreOp Nurse PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.