This job posting is no longer active.
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David's Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Cardiology Prep and Recovery Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At St. David's Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Cardiology Prep and Recovery Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Cardiac Cath Lab and/or Pre/Post Cath Lab, you will be responsible for nursing care and related assistance for adult and geriatric patients with a broad range of illnesses. You will handle assessment of patients, medication administration, direct and indirect patient care, circulating cases, scrubbing procedures and procedure documentation and monitoring.
* You will complete and document a patient assessment upon admission
* You will reassess and document changes in patient condition
* You will administer medications and monitor and document response
* You will monitor the patient’s overall status pre, during, and post procedure
* You will communicate any patient changes to the physician
* You will manage patients with a potentially life-threatening dysrhythmia or hemodynamic change via physician order by using medications and emergency equipment
* You will explain procedures to patients and assess their understanding
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
St. David’s Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region’s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David’s Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women’s services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David’s Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Cardiology Prep and Recovery Registered Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.