This job posting is no longer active.
About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process
- Participates and cooperates in the unit base Quality Improvement processes
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive or quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients’ right to privacy by protecting confidential information
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; take appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Assist Director with developing, interpreting and reviewing policies and procedures with the services provided
- Participates in the Quality Improvement activities within the department
- Collaborates and participates in marketing of the program, including educational program materials, external advertising and working in conjunction with local and regional programs
- Practice professional nursing and support positions within the Bariatric Center to maintain quality patient care throughimplementation and evaluation of clinical practice standards
- Participates in the education, screening and counseling of prospective bariatric patients for the bariatric program
- Participates in the process of clearing surgeries on a daily basis to include communication with the patient, calling for study results, laboratory results, and coordinating financial clearance, as well as the coordination of surgical date with surgeon
- Post op evaluations, education and counseling
- Other duties as assigned.