This job posting is no longer active.
St. David's Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for PACU Registered Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
At St. David's Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $10,000!
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David's Medical Center!
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), you will plan, implement, evaluate, and document nursing care for assigned patients. You will provide a clean, efficient and safe environment within the work area.
* You will complete an age-appropriate assessment on each assigned patient and create a specific plan of care upon patient arrival
* You will obtain supplies, equipment, and medication needed for patient care
* You will monitor the patient throughout the recovery phase
* You will administer IV therapy
* You will recognize and report variations in patient condition to the appropriate individuals (physician, anesthesiologist, clinical nurse coordinator)
* You will make rounds to check equipment cleanliness and appropriate storage
* You will monitor narcotic and medication control
* 2 years of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in an acute care setting OR previous Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)/critical care experience
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN) certification – preferred
* Certified Ambulatory Perianesthesia Nurse (CAPA) certification – preferred
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification – preferred
St. David’s Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region’s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David’s Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women’s services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David’s Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our PACU Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.