HCA Healthcare is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator position.
At HCA Healthcare we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at HCA Healthcare!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - The RN Patient Placement Coordinator uses acquired nursing knowledge and experience to facilitate the transfer and acceptance of patients for all facilities within the markets served. The position collects clinical information relative to a transfer request, and then facilitates the transfer by matching the patient’s clinical needs to the facility with bed capacity and service capability and appropriate bed placement within the facility in accordance with the current Transfer Center processes. The RN Patient Placement Coordinator demonstrates initiative and problem solving skills while working with multiple and various departments within each hospital to foster relationships with referring facilities, physicians, and hospital staff. The position works closely with the leadership team at each facility to identify, trend, and report barriers to patient throughput. This position will use customer service skills and professional communication standards to positively interact with peers, customers, and supervisors.
SUPERVISOR – Nurse Manager or designee, but ultimately the AVP
SUPERVISES – N/A
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Performs transfer call center functions in a timely, customer centered professional manner with the aid of a computer database consisting of facility service profiles, approved clinical protocols, established patient care protocols, and healthcare information.
• Coordinates transfer of emergent, urgent and elective patients to a final destination facility from all potential referral sources to include but not limited to hospitals, clinics, Nursing Homes, and physician offices via a single call to initiate acceptance and expedite decision making relative to a potential transfer.
• Facilitates patient throughput to a final destination facility with an ongoing focus on quality and efficiency, providing follow up to all participants of the transfer.
• Works well with others and promotes teamwork by demonstration of good team member behaviors.Identifies and assists team members with heavier workloads.Serves an example of appropriate staff behavior when on or off calls.
• Patient Placement Coordinators will ensure timely transfer, appropriate bed assignment, and provide accurate patient information to assist with the development of an initial plan of care.
• Ensures accurate and concurrent data collection and maintenance in both Meditech and Central Logic systems.
• Proficient in running Central Logic, Bed Management and other call and office-oriented systems as needed.
• Demonstrates the ability to process patient acuity utilizing critical thinking skills, clinical decision making, and acquired knowledge to assist in assessing situations and facilitate patient flow through the continuum of care.
• Demonstrates the ability to triage and prioritize patient information and communicate an accurate clinical presentation of the patient for accepting physicians and nurses.
• Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients of all ages.
• Completes all training and is competent in the application of Bed Management, Meditech, EMTALA and medical necessity criteria.
• Serves as a TriStar consultant and mediator for physicians (and their offices), NP’s, PA’s, nurses, and ancillary staff.Communicates professionally with referring facilities and physicians and receiving physicians and facilities regarding all patient transfers, potential bed placements, and assists with coordinating patient movement from one facility to another.
• Uses problem-solving skills to determine the course of action to generate the best patient clinical outcome, the physicians’ preferences, and the transferring and receiving hospitals. Critical thinking skills will be utilized to insure every patient transfer promotes the well-being and safety of the patient.
• Through effective and professional communication, acts as a liaison between physicians, hospital staff, patient care areas, and outside agencies.
• Tracks and trends barriers to patient intake flow; makes recommendations and develops action plans to improve processes and systems.
• Participates in daily bed management meetings (possibly virtual) and effectively communicates resources and issues to appropriate area of each facility.
• Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements such as EMTALA, HCA Ethics and Compliance policies, and quality initiatives; monitors self-compliance and implements process changes to ensure compliance to such regulations and quality initiatives.
• Adheres to established policy and procedure and standards of care; escalates issues through the established Chain of Command in a timely manner.
• Participates in process improvement initiatives designed to improve overall functions within the Transfer Center.
• Recommends process change if needed to create a more efficient customer centered process.
• Attends staff meetings, completes annual educational requirements, and other specified learning activities on time.
• Utilizes other team members and their experience and background when applicable to ensure best plan of care for the patient.
• Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing; BSN preferred
Training / License / Certifications:
• Current state or compact licensure as a Registered Nurse
• Current AHA BLS Certification
• Demonstrated skills in problem solving, analytical and critical thinking, prioritization, negotiation, conflict resolution, proactive decision making
• Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written, and electronic formats
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Three years of related clinical experience in an acute care setting (ED or Critical Care Preferred)
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.